Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as most of you know I am deployed to Iraq right now. A lot of people from back home keep asking what I need, well I am trying to give them Ideas(besides car parts haha) and figured I could request some books to read over here. I have done a little research and figured I would ad Maximum boost to the list what some others you have read? Also just to give some insight I already have a stock D15B boosted CRX and I am planning a full build when I get home. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
call me super faggy but the twilight books werent bad

gym candy, pretty good one about steroid abuse

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
call me super faggy but the twilight books werent bad

gym candy, pretty good one about steroid abuse
My bad if I wasnt clear in my first post But I am interested in books about Turbos, tuning and engine rebuilding.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Amazon.com: The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice: Vol. 1 - 2nd Edition, Revised: Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow, Performance (9780262700269): Charles Fayette Taylor: Books

Definately recommend this if you are more scientifically inclined or want to learn beyond the general hans on knowledge the community usually has....

Amazon.com: Four-Stroke Performance Tuning 3rd ed: A practical guide (9781844253142): A. Bell: Books

If you would like a more application oriented book, or are less inclined to learn the deeper science behind things. You cant go wrong here....

Amazon.com: Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems (Engineering and Performance) (9780837603094): Philip H. Smith, John C. Morrison: Books

This actually goes hand in hand with Design and tuning of Competitin engines by the same author, but i would rather recommend this book as a supplement to the first book i mention. Dont get me wrong the Design of competition engines book is a good read but not needed....

Also, I have about 5 gigs of physics and engineering books i could host for you, but im not sure how scientifically/mathmatically inclined or how theorhetical you want to go...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man I appreciate the links I will look into them. Anybody know of any good honda specific engine rebuild books? Besides a standard chilton or haynes manual.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not sure if this ones a little basic for you but it helped me massively to get an understanding of all vehicle systems.

Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology: Amazon.co.uk: V.A.W. Hillier, F.W. Pittuck: Books
Yea thats a little basic, I sent an email to my sponsors about the books and they said they will send me some so I will do a review on each after I read them. I really like being able to hit up this site or the internet in general for answers, but that is not always possible so to me more knowledge= more power

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Four stroke performance tuning and Forced induction performance tuning by A Graham Bell, both great books.

some info is repeated in them but they are both great resources.

maximum boost was a decent read but it doesnt come close to the A graham bell books.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts