Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ppl said bad things about ching chong turbos, now everyone loves em. I've "heard" about fitting failures when cheaping out so I wouldn't go no name there, but what about fluid coolers? They've been making reliable high pressure systems for years in appliances, is this a piece where a no name piece is a safe bet?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
you can order a trans cooler from autozone or something and buy your own quality lines and run it. its just a tube and fins

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I've used a "sickspeed" sandwich plate and 10-row, 10-AN cooler on the Tape-R since it started endurance racing. The only reason I replaced the cooler (with another one) is because I knicked one of the mating surfaces of the welded in fittings.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a generic all aluminum unit? I'm only finding sickspeed sammich plates and am currently considering a flexalite hd cooler but it's line is only 3/8th. And it's 80 bucks. Some amazon coolers are like 35 shipped.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I found a bm cooler that's in my budget, its like 5x11. Planning on push on connectors from summit, aeroquip? Aerotek? Some decent name, 10an fittings, plumbed to a 200 degree mocal tight clearance sammich plate all should come to around 125$ (already had the mocal unit)

The mocal has straight 10an male (i think) connectors, will they work for this app or will I need new fittings? (45 or 90 degree)

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found a 96 or 92 row cooler w fan that's the size of my radiator almost... empi part for a sand rail via a discount dune buggy website set me back less than 130....its enormous. Score!

I'm not even gonna bother monitoring temp. There's no way it'll ever be an issue. I was SHOCKED when I opened the box.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
You know, the actual cooler may not have been Sickspeed. It was like $25-35 shipped. The original was painted blue, the replacement is black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts