Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My bestfriend is challenging me next year for a drag match with him. He has a boosted GSR in his 92 EG and I have a boosted d15b7 also in my 92 EG. I am wondering do I have any chance to beat or keep up with him with a boosted D-series engine. I am thinking of doing a swap z6/y8 for next summer, or do a mini-me swap. What do you guys think? Your suggestions, comments and input from your experiences will be all welcome and appreciated. Please guys, I need your help. Thanks in advance.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
depends on his setup but more than likely you should get a a6 block and build it you can keep the b7 head port and polish do a phatty cam from proted z6 intake mani list goes on and on man just depends how deep of a pocket you have

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
depends on his setup but more than likely you should get a a6 block and build it you can keep the b7 head port and polish do a phatty cam from proted z6 intake mani list goes on and on man just depends how deep of a pocket you have
my buddy has a revhard t3/t4 kit on 6 psi and running on 520 cc injectors

i have a tdo5-15g kit on 8 psi and running on 450 cc injectors.

i am leaning on swapping to a z6/y8, build it up (rods, pistons, port/polish) and then turn up the boost. if i go this route...will be able to keep up at least? what you think man?

·
Registered
441 Posts
daveb91 said:
I outran a pretty much stock GST with my SC CRX at 10 psi. Chances are since its a DSM it will break down in the middle of the race.
It isn't a GST, it is a boosted GSR motor in a hatch.

csaddict said:
He will absolutely stomp you. Hands down.
Unless he can't drive for his life, x2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a chance of keeping up without some serious cash. Even if you spend the cash and fully build and tune your d series, he could spend a little and still stomp you. Do it for fun. Maybe he'll suck off the line, only half the race is the car.

D

·
0 Posts
good luck LOL and youll max out that "lil" turbo before you even get close

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
PARAZZI said:
Hey guys,

My bestfriend is challenging me next year for a drag match with him. He has a boosted GSR in his 92 EG and I have a boosted d15b7 also in my 92 EG. I am wondering do I have any chance to beat or keep up with him with a boosted D-series engine. I am thinking of doing a swap z6/y8 for next summer, or do a mini-me swap. What do you guys think? Your suggestions, comments and input from your experiences will be all welcome and appreciated. Please guys, I need your help. Thanks in advance.
this is sort-of a silly question, but...

the easiest answer is just drive better. I've seen boosted 1.8L's run 14's and 15's at one hundred something countless times because people can't drive them.

the not-so-easy answer is to the general question, can you "keep up with him w/ a boosted d-series engine"

of course.

SVP issued a stock sleeved d16 in an EG that made 350 whp+ and ran 11.2 with slicks. It was a 'street' car and could run on pump gas...

needless to say not much was able to beat it on the street.

Power numbers are nice but there is a point where it becomes useless on the street...350 well placed horsepower with the right chassis and suspension can run with the best of them on the street, as evidenced with the SVP EG.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
csaddict said:
pretty much

i ran my bud with a turbo gsr in an EF hatch, he was at 7psi and i was at 11.5...

there was no competition, he just fucking walked on me :sad:
it wasnt because he had a better tune or anything either, because i tuned his car as well

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
its all in the driver man. Last time i went to my local track there was a boosted GS-R there, i have no idea what his setup was but he was running high 15's. and there was also a 98 civic ex running a greddy kit running low 16's... pretty sad.

Just secrectly build your motor with some vitara's and tt rods and pick up a bigger turbo before this little race. ;)

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
csaddict said:
so very true. :( unless you can get chuck norris to round house kick you and your car. but you might go back into the future. lol.

·
Registered
836 Posts
PARAZZI said:
Hey guys,

you will get owned unless he cannot drive at all. I have seen a stock gsr-turbo put down almost 300whp on 9.5lbs of boost where I live.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
i mean theres kits that throw like 250 whp on the 1.8's with 7 psi lol
thats exactly the power we made at 7psi on his GSR with a .60/.63

didnt tweak timing at all, just left it at .9 retard per psi. it was also tuned to be rich because my bud was anal about not wanting to blow it up...

·
Registered
629 Posts
one word...traction. Especially if its a street race. Power isn't everything.

I know of a 650 hp EG thats barely in the 10's. :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts