Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone is running an oil cooler on their y8 set up. Are you using a thermostatic sandwich plate to help get up to temp at cold start? Something else? Modified oil pump?

This is mainly geared to those running y8's.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
what situation is making you think an oil cooler would benefit you?

are you running the honda OEM oil cooler?

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
my d16y8 did not have a oilcooler and i need a cooler for my turbo setup,

I'm looking into a thermostat, because my 30 row cools to mutsh. I use a cardboard plate infront so it does'nt cool down when useing it on the streets. And have it open when i track the car. Oil them at the track is between 80 and 95 degree celsius :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your oil pump modified? Noticing any oiling issues at all? I assume you are running more oil for the added volume of the system? Just curious, what sort of power are you making?

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
Nothing done to the oil pump, no problems yet With that, but have had some head lifts, because i have not been to the dyno :(

Oil= Mobile 1 5w-50
hot idle is 2,5bar pressure and 7-7,5bar at 3000-8000rpm

Had a ebay turbo at 1,3bar witch maxed out my 580cc injector to 96% duty and 12,3AFR, so around 400whp

Now I have a small td04hl-19T running at 1,4-1,6bar and hoping for 300whp
Wanted power from 3000 and not 5000rpm :)

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Used an OEM oil cooler/Warm on my d16 for 3 years.

It was keeping the oil at a consistent viscosity and it did not tax my water cooling system on my Twincharge Civic.

Have not tried the other type oil cooling I do not do enough long endurance boosted runs to warrant one.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
B16a P30, I'm now looking for another since my the weld seam on mine started leaking.

D15z1 (vx), D16a6 (si optional).. they all would work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts