Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was running very fine. I did some 2 step anti-lag and then i got an knocking sound when the engine is ON LOAD. No sound at idle, no sound when i push the throttle gradualy at neutral. Sound occure when i blip the throttle too. No sound when down shifting. Looked under the valve cover all is good. Looked at the plug then this:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I repeat that the car is running very fine at idle no missfire or knocking sound. In the cylinder 2 when i pulled the plugs i got an race fuel smell but i run with pump gaz. I have an water meth kit too

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Anti lag isn't bad for anything, it's harsh on the turbo though.
It's basically an intended missfire to get the turbo to spool.
yea but if not tuned right i have seen burnt exhaust valves, blow gaskets and jacked up turbos.
it pumps raw fuel through the cylinder then ignites it in the exhaust come on u know thats bad lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the engine out of the car, will check it soon. I think your right for the injector. Took the compression: 180-180-180-182. Didn't pull out the oil pan but dopped the oil and there was no metal

·
Registered
495 Posts
if your on a budget try swapping the suspected injector to a different cylinder and retest. Works like a charm with COP diagnosis.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Is it possible that the knocking sound is from an clocked injector?
Yes, an injector is basically a valve that opens and closes and if something is wrong it will make a loud ticking noise. Is it knocking or ticking? High pitch or low pitch?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I would say you are having a problem with your ignition and fuel.

You check for spark from the Dizzy? Also check your injectors. Thats what I would look into first.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds to me like clogged injector may have caused a cylinder to go lean, potential rod knock may be the result too, it happened to me before..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
easy way to check just tear it apart lol
That's what i'll do, he's out of the car now
Screw driver trick? Steroscope thingy.
Also.video? Compression test? How she run?
No video, compression 180 all across, she run great at idle but don't know for the power didn't beat on it
pretty sure its out of the car
Yes it is
Broken piston skirt maybe?
That's what i tought first but there's no metal in the oil. Didn't drop the oil pan
I would say you are having a problem with your ignition and fuel.

You check for spark from the Dizzy? Also check your injectors. Thats what I would look into first.
That's what i tought too
Sounds to me like clogged injector may have caused a cylinder to go lean, potential rod knock may be the result too, it happened to me before..
That's what i realy think,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts