Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having quite a few problems with my y7 to y8 mani swap(like everyother person)

1. my idle is bouncing at a steady constant rate and yes i've checked all vaccuum lines 5 times ifnot more

2. my stock fpr just started squirting fuel out of it and a botl broke and was stuck in the fuel rail(but i finally got it loose)...im using the y7 for a moment to see the difference from the y8, but im gona put the y8 fpr back on tomarrow

3. my new bomz racing cai makes no sense...im using a crushed air filter cuz my dad ran it over with his truck and i can't figure out how to set-up the extra pipe for the cold air intake

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
When you say Extra pipe are you talking about the shorter piece of piping? I dont have a BOMZ myself but from looking at the pics I am assuming your refering to the shorter piece that should go into the fender well and tuck the filter in behind the fender liner.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first off, yes B33BZ i am talking about the pipe that goes into the fender well.

and im using the y7 iacv on the y7 tb. i have the two coolent lines running through the y7 iacv like they should....i still have the y8 iacv bolted on but not engaged, could this be a problem?

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem its acting as a blockoff plate. What year mani is it off of.96-98 or 99-00? Cause after looking at the pics of the mani you bought i dont know if its the flash from the camera but it looks like a 99-00 mani thats had the vacumm nipple grinded off the front the air injection.http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57697

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so do i need to stick somethin in it?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i have a 2000 dx, does this motor have air injection on the head and the manifold i apparently just bought.....fucking great seeing as i allready have everything installed and bolted up so im kinda feeling burnt out right now.

can i use some cement glue i have to clogg the holes? what do i need to do to make this shit work?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i fixed the fuel squirting problem...i just installed the y8 fpr and used larger threaded bolts and walla, no more fuel leak.

my idle is a bit higher than lastnight so im gonna play around with the throttle cable a bit more and the idle screw.

so what do i need to do with the air injection holes? what can i plug the with, cement glue?

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
So from your last post it sounds like that is in fact an air injection hole from what you can tell, if it is you should be able to get something in there, a rubber stopper would probaley be better than cement glue or maybe a solder point? or...?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i sprayed wd40 on the tb gasket and the y8 iacv and i saw it get sucked up from the iacv. i also checked the air injection holes and they were'nt sucking any of the wd40 up(wierd.)

so i got some liquid gasket for the y8 iacv that i still have bolted on the close the holes. the problem is still there and my dad is pissed off saying i fucked up the car..... what else is there that i can do?

air bubble in coolent?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I kind of skimmed through and read most of this thread. If you are still having trouble with your idle I think I may know the problem.

If your car is a 5 speed and you are going from a y7 IM to a y8 IM then you need to rewire the IACV.

If I remember correctly all y7 IM auto or manual, use 3-wire IACV. But Manaul y8 IM use a 2-wire IACV. You may have to get a 2-wire clip. Take your 3-wire clip and cut the wires off of it. Forget about the orange wire for it isnt needed. Solder the yellow/black wire to the green on the 2-wire clip and solder the black/blue wire to the black wire on the 2-wire clip.

You also may have to re-pin your wire harness on one of the connectors that connect to the ECU.

I think this could be it because on my auto to manual swap I had to do this. I have a d16y8 and the auto IM uses 3-wire IACV and the manual IM uses 2-wire IACV. I also had to re-pin the B connector on the Engine Wire Harness.

I am really not sure if this is what you will have to do because I mainly only know about d16y8's because that's all I work on and all I own. But ask someone that knows about the IACV on whatever engine you have.

But I do know all y7 IM use 3-wire, auto y8 IM uses 3-wire and manual y8 IM uses 2-wire.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im using the y7 iacv on the y7 tb...i have the y8 iacv bolted on to act as a plug for the holes in the back of my mani.

i sprayed wd40 on it and saw that it was sucking it in so i took it off about an hour ago, put some gasket hardening shit on it and its sealed but something else is wrong

Reactions: Hellhatch
1 - 15 of 15 Posts