Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking around on the net and I saw a different solution to get oil to the turbo. They call this the "oil sandwich"

It will look similar to the picture posted below:

What do you guys think of this idea? There are ports for the oil feed and return.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Actually its a very common way to feed your turbo. I like it because you can also have your oil pressure sender there without worrying about something breaking or making a firewall mount. And you can have your oil temp sender there too.

But like DreaMer said - dont try to run your return into it. ;)

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Fuck all that shit, I use jedi mind power.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i run one also. i could never find a fitting that fit into my block with the right threads and not leaking. its a great investment.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Fuck all that shit, I use jedi mind power.
lol

sandwich plate adaptors can be had for real cheap on ebay. Its a manditory part when building a turbo engine for me. fresh clean oil into your turbo and extra ports for oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I think this needs to be answered again...does the "dirty" oil flow through the center and out the sides "clean"? If so, the sandwich would flow clean oil to all your devices.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
pretty sure the port on the block is filtered oil. well directly filtered...it all gets filtered.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
a sandwich adapter isnt a bad idea

cheap ones are.
from the pic posted the holes from the adapter are unfiltered

unfiltered oil comes from the pump to the outer ring of the sandy, goes through the filter then out the threaded connector

high quality ones have plumbing inside them (some even have a thermostat) that brings filtered oil from the after the fitting to your lines

just use the stock sender. it costs you one male to female bspt fitting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts