Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a D16Y8 Fully Build and i am needing a new turbo.

My setup:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/234281-cpls-d16y8-full-build-thread.html

D16Y8
CP Pistons 9.0:1 CR
Eagle Rods
Stock Sleeves
Stock Head
SPA Top Mount Manifold

My plan is to achieve 300whp.

I am about to buy this turbo, what you guys think, its too big or just right?

Compressor A/R .50 (cold side)
Compressor Inducer 53,5mm
Compressor Exducer 75mm
Trim 50

Turbine A/R .48 (hot side)
Turbine Inducer 52mm

Brand Biagio PN AUT917T1

It´s a good choice??

Thankz

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think this will be a good size option for half decent spool time and you'll make some good power. I didn't see pricing, but you can probably get a 54mm compressor Garrett for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The .48 turbine shouldn't restrict you much if you are <300 whp, and provide better spool than the .63 option. While an off brand turbo might be a couple hundred $ cheaper, there are significant differences in wheel efficiency and housing design that will result in much greater air flow with a genuine turbo. For instance an "ebay" compressor wheel that is visually similar and of similar dimensions to a genuine garrett/borg warner/holset ect. compressor wheel is known to dyno at 20-30% lower power output at the same psi manifold pressure. So you can make the same power as an off brand turbo at a lower psi (and lower turbine shaft speed) with the real thing, which = less stress on your turbo and system.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
The .48 turbine should be perfect, a user on here made 283whp with a garrett t3 .42/.48 so I'm sure with your larger compressor it should spool the same and make more power

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe im having too much oil pressure.

Cold idle im ~90psi.

My feed line to my turbo has a restrictor of 1/8" (3,00mm) and i belive its too much...
The shaft doesnt rotate freely with oil pressure..
When i turn off the car it rotate free by hand.. but with oil pressure looks like it´s hard to rotate..

I will try a new oil restrictor.. What size?

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
when i ran the ebay t3/t4 .63 i had a 1,5mm restrictor. no troubble With that :) 1,3bar was at 5500rpm so little big for my tast as a DD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts