Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Civic Ex sedan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i've googled this thing and came up with nothing

my brother got it from a friend for free becuz the man didn't know what to do with it so he gave it to us and well i was gonna use it for a back up just incase something stupid happens to my current turbo. So my question, is it worth rebuilding? or is it another overworked hairdryer? so far the info i have on it is that it's a garrett pci m27 a/r .48

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
I know Dodge and mazda both used garrett m27's but if it was the PCI .48 i have no idea

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
actually even the saab's did too but m27 with A/R .47 and exhaust .57

·
Registered
Civic Ex sedan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i did some quick research and found out its a t3 from a saab, but should i even try rebuilding this? let me kno wat u guys think?

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
best thing to do is take pics of the flange and post it

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
T25 Flange

T3 Flange

can u tell the difference? vtec bomber was right it seems to be a T25 Flange..

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts

·
Registered
Civic Ex sedan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it was free and i was thinking of using one of those ebay turbo rebuild kits but ill look into the link you sent thanks again btw

·
Registered
Civic Ex sedan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea im not looking into some massive hp right now especially with my auto D, its my DD anyway. I mean later when i swap into manual and get better pistons, rods, etc. then i'll be getting a better turbo. For now ill have to use my blowdryer. thanks for your input guys

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
smash it with a sledge and buy a 30R. case closed.

/joke

that is definitely T25 flange, probably wont make more than 200. Dont run more than 12-14lbs of boost. I wouldn't even run that but you'd prolly be safe up to 13-14 psi. Go to the junkyard and see if you can find like a late 80s turbo manual thunderbird. or hell even a chrysler turbo new yorker turbo might be better.

If you feel ballsy, hit up a turbo diesel truck or semi. muahahaha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts