Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So I kinda migrated over from Hondacivicforum.com.
theyre not so kind. but from what Ive been reading this place is much more helpful, so Ill give it a try. =)

I have a Pacesetter Highflow Cat on my 2000 Civic EX. and it is smelly...
rotten-eggs-sulfur smell and what-not. but only when ran hard.

I also have some Venom high flow Fuel injectors installed. 10% above stock CC rating.

I figured I was just running rich with the slightly bigger fuel injectors. so i installed the stock ones to see if that was the case, but it still made the cat smelly. Ive read elsewhere that some cats just smell..well...just cause!

any ideas?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
use the stock one?
i thought this thread was bout lisa kudrow(sp)

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i run catless(resonated test pipe) and it just smells like exhaust....no smell complaints from either the stocker or the test pipe....maybe its just THAT cat that smells?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what im thinking, and trying to see if anyone else had the same problem or not.

resonated test pipe works ok? all the other threads kinda contradict eachother.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
resonated test pipe works ok? all the other threads kinda contradict eachother.[/QUOTE]

yeah, im just runnin a "custom" intake, header, resonated test pipe, and 2.25" catback with twinloop muffler. sounds great. didnt notice any differance switching from stock cat to the test pipe other than a little sound differance.(exhaust is obviously a LITTLE louder, but much deeper and has a "punch" to it)

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
If it only smells when ran hard, then your toasting your cat...chances are its the injectors that did it...

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
Mroooooowwwwwww.....burn kitty!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts