Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Careful if you opt for the payout and keep the car, some insurance companies wont offer you comprehensive/any insurance after that.
I did ask the question and they seemed OK with it. The important thing is that it won't go down as a total loss.

Moving to oz? :yes:
Who knows where the UK is moving to now that it doesn't think it's part of Europe?

Is rockauto an option there?
Good suggestions. Thanks.

RockAuto ships to UK: about $50 for the headlight and delivery in 7ish days. It still adds up to a reasonable price.

The bumper's more difficult ... $800+ for the shipping! (Never mind, I've got one now.)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update:

The UKDM DC2 bumper I bought turned out to be exactly the same as the one I had (ie: the wrong one for the route I was taking) and didn't fit the headlight I bought. So I kept trying.

I now have a pair of what I think are DB6 headlamps and a nicely painted matching bumper. Let's see how it all fits.
The ministry test is booked for next Tuesday.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, thank goodness.

And just to show why it was hard to get the lights to match:-

The lower lights are UKDM DC2; the ones above are DBx, as taken off the car.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
574 Posts
For future reference, we get both of those headlight styles in Australia. The top is just our standard prefacelift headlight, the bottom is our facelifted headlight. Shipping would be a bitch, but our dollar is terrible at the moment so you'd pick one up dirt cheap.
I think it is the same in the States, too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, I did find lights in both the USA and Oz, but shipping costs were horrendous and it certainly looked to be cheaper to find DC2 bits instead, including the bumper. Finding the right bits was pure luck.

I ended up paying £585 (US$755; A$1040) in total, not counting the costs of bits I bought and didn't use. And to think the insurance company wanted to write it off!

(Breakdown: £65 bumper, £120 lights, £400 paint and labour).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts