Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a semi build turbo y7. when I rebuilt it I used a brand new z6 oil pump from Majestic. At start-up I have around 90 psi (-+5 psi) cold, when fully warm I have like 10-12 psi at idle, 40 psi at 3000 rpms cruising. I know the helms says that 10 psi at idle is ok, but my Bro-in-law has a completely stock block z6, turbo and runs around 20psi at warm idle. Oh and my gauge is an autometer phantom. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
im n/a and i have the same gauge i usually have like 80 or 75 at first cold start but when it warms the lowest it goes is 25.If it hits 10 on mine the dipsticks says im low so i dont know what your problem could be maybe the fitting isnt tight?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its not low on oil, I get the same readings right after an oil change. Ill check the nylon hose and fittings though, could be an issue. Thanks

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I get around 80-90 on cold starts...I dont know what its at when warm...i'd guess to say around 15 but i'm not sure...It could also depend where you have the reading coming from...Mines teed off the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the block

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I had the same problem... A stock z6 oil pump modified with gsr oil pump gears for more pressure. This mad thing was created by the machineshop owner I used to go... I had 95-100 psi at cold and around 10 at idle... originally when I had stock pump it was like 50-60 psi at cold and 20-25 at idle... I swapped to a new OEM z6 after the main seals of crankshaft cracked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts