Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my motor went yesterday. an last night i started to rip my motor aprat so im swapping my z6 head to my stock a6 block(i pland on p29s) i dont realy care if there is or isnt any diff but if there was what would it be. ive already got the oil spout out will there be anything else need to swap this. any an all help would be great. 2nd motor swap in the past month........

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
so my motor went yesterday. an last night i started to rip my motor aprat so im swapping my z6 head to my stock a6 block(i pland on p29s) i dont realy care if there is or isnt any diff but if there was what would it be. ive already got the oil spout out will there be anything else need to swap this. any an all help would be great. 2nd motor swap in the past month........
Dude, I guess my idea of doing a compression test was a little late! LOL Sorry to here it, but onto the next project!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea we were about to do that i had just went an bought one seance someone broke mine last time they used it. but yeah i took my head off thismorning to find all my piston are all level on the top of my block haha back to work ill have pics in a few house

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so everything went pretty smooth today but i can NOT get my flywheel off. what do u guys think about puttin heat to it?? i realy do not want to use the stock one but might have to . an i found out it wasnt a rod. but it threw a crank bearing. i get all my gaskets in the morning soo ill put pics up when i start to put it all together an will there be any thing diff about this set up? thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope no luck at all my buddy has an inchdrive impact were gunna try hope it dont brake the bolts. but ya two motors this month. not to mention the three it has taken also

d16a6.. gone
d15b7.. gone
d16z1.. still have but was taken out
d16z6.. gone
d16a6/z6.. ready to be droped in

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
are you having difficulty in keeping the flywheel from spinning while you try to take the bolts off, or is it just that they are too tight? Honda makes a flywheel lock, it's got teeth that mesh with the flywheel teeth, and it bolts to the block, so there are no worries when loosening bolts. Other than that, do you have a 24" breaker bar with a 1/2" drive? always works for me, that and you gotta grow a pair...loljk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we had the problem of it spinningbut i just put a strap around it an tied it off. now that it wont move i grabed a 3foot brakerbar will not budge me an my olman tried it a few times even tried 3 diff impact guns all halfinch. but i tlkd to my buddy tonight hes gunna let me use his inch drive impact this should work or break it....

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
damn bro, keep soakin them fuckers...lol What psi were running the compressor at to power your impact wrench? How many ft lbs is your impact rated at?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah i have them soakin now. idk how strong it is but it bout brakes my damn arm every time i hit the trigger i know the compreser is like huge idk haha its a big ass stand up one so im pretty sure it has the power to do the job.. well guess not seance it diddnt

1 - 20 of 68 Posts