Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after pulling my hair out from seeing 7854 people say different things, I need straight cut answers.

So,

Vehicle: 2000 lx sedan 5 speed
Head: 96 d16y8 head
Block: 2000 lx sedan
Ecu: ??

Goal here: mini me swap using STOCK ECU. But which ecu do I need? Just a 99-00 ob2b ex 5 speed ecu?

I'm just wanting to swap the head and use a stock y8 ecu. So if I have this correct, I just need to switch to 2 wire iacv, wire vtec and sensor,....what else? Will the y8 throttle body on y8 manifold with the y7 throttle cable work? Or do I need y8 throttle cable?

I need clear cut answers here. Thank you.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
First use your head man, if the TB is in the same location, will the cable still reach?

Then use your eyes and see the cable will fit in the pulley.....BOOM! Mind blown.

Y7 is a no vtec y8.............there are few subtle differences. Otherwise the wiring is correct.

I would use a P2P ECU.

Also, I searched,just to see what would pop up, first return was a write up explaining the whole process. The reason people are vague is because they don't wanna take responsibility for you when you do something wrong or it doesn't work and you hit em up asking why. So getting clear concise answers can be difficult to get from strangers unless you know what to ask. Kevin Mitnick said it best, "the best hack is a person hack, social engineering.."

[FAQ] D16Y7 / Y8 MINI-ME WRITE-UP.... WITH PICS (56k, maybe not) - Honda-Tech

1 - 2 of 2 Posts