Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a general question,i plan to put a y8 head on a d15b8 with a oem 3 layer headgasket and looking to make no more than a 11.0:1 compression more or less.My question is will the stock pistons be able to keep up with such compression seeing how oem d15b8 have like a 9.46:1 compression and are a original 8 valve motor.The motor was strong when pulled from my coupe,no smoke or problems at all just looking to get more out of it.Btw what about valve clearance ive heard the b8 is the same as the b7 as far as pistons and rods but i already threw a rod through my ls/vtec so i dont want a valve to go through my piston!!

any help which can lead me to a safe moderately basic mini me build is well appreciated

d15b8 block(bone stock)99 ex d16y8 head(bone stock)oem 3 layer headgasket,possibly a 2 layer safe or not?with a zc tranny

also i am new so as for me this is my car

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The newer B8s came with B7 pistons - just verify that the pistons have 4 valve reliefs each and you should be fine.

I'm showing 10.65:1 compression with 3 layer, 11:1 with 2 layer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The newer B8s came with B7 pistons - just verify that the pistons have 4 valve reliefs each and you should be fine.

I'm showing 10.65:1 compression with 3 layer, 11:1 with 2 layer.

good point ill check that now,i havent decided what headgasket im going to use for sure yet due to im unsure how the rings will react,it had 132,000 on it but showed no ageing at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts