Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked and researched this question, there are just too many different responses for me to make a good decision. It looks like I'm going to have to do a hg and some arp studs due to some head lift. I can't think of anything else that could be causing my prob. Under boost the over flow gets full and starts spraying out, I bled the system, changed to a greddy rad cap, and ran a compression check. It did 185-180 across all 4 on the check. There is no coolant in the oil, and it does not smoke.I fig if I'm going to do studs, I might as well change the hg too. My question is: what is going to be the best gasket for my car? Right now I'm only running 8-8.5 psi, I plan on building the internals next year to run 14-15 psi on my greddy kit. I know when I rebuild it, I'll need to change the gasket out again, but that won't be til march prob. I want to go with a multi layer gasket, I've heard mixed opinions on the cometic, so I don't know if I want to go that route. Will the fac Honda one be good for what I'm wanting to do if I get some arp's?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
OEM for sure. and i have done a set of ARPs with taking of the head:beer:

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
OEM. That is what I am running with arp headstuds. If it is good enough for my 10-14lbs I play with, I know it is good for your 8-8.5lbs.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanks guys :TU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts