Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys hate these kind of questions. Im just really interested in what kind of power you guys think my car could make when Im done with the stuff I have right now. I have an AEM short ram, HP Racing 4-2-1 header, custom 2.25" exhaust, Zex stage 2, 9.3mm plug wires, no cat, no a/c, and Im fixing to be tuning with Uberdata. After tuning is all done, what kind of numbers you guys think I could be making? 130-135? It's a d16y8 by the way.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nope probally anywhere from 60WHP-125

W

·
0 Posts
125 hp stock but thats not to the wheels so i say...... 121-122whp. Thats my guess let us kno ILOVE so we can see who wins lol ;)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
transzex said:
minus 8-10 whp for using the shortram intake.

You might get 113-115 whp.........

Damn seems like a low prediction , considering he is running a zex stg.2 cam tuned ! I would guess more like 128-135 whp .please let us know and if I win transzex owes me 20 bones! j/k

W

·
0 Posts
transzex said:
minus 8-10 whp for using the shortram intake.

You might get 113-115 whp.........

lol in his sig he already has 114 when he dynoed it. your out im sticking with my guess 121-122

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so that would mean with a stage 2 cam and tuning added, Im only getting 7 more whp? I think thats a little low lol...plus the cat being removed frees up like 2 or 3 horses. And by the way, you dont loose any for the short ram. I dynoed both when I went and the short ram pulled a lot better all through the power band. That's why I went back to it. And at the end of the last pull, which was the one I got 114 on, the a/f ratio went wayyyyyyy rich...it was a solid line all the way until about 6500 RPM and then shot all the way to as rich as it could go. The guy at the dyno said if it hadn't of done that then I would've had around 117 or 118. I dunno...121-122 seems a little low in my opinion. There's one guy on here that got 120 whp with just an i/h/e with the same motor.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Dyno being used was never stated, so a good guessing point........

About the intake losing 8 whp, I have D15B7 dyno proof from Sept 1999.........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
D15, non VTEC, getting 118 whp, SIX years ago..........really now.

I let it sleep until others caught up.

ready for 135-140 whp in the summer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts