Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I bought a '96 civic ex around 5 months ago for a cheaper dd compared to my lifted '13 tacoma. Well it didn't last long before I had the idea of making a little more power but also keep my ac and ps so then I started picking up parts for a d series turbo build. My part list is below.

Engine

75.5 vitara pistons
Custom lenght I-beam rods
Stock head
Arp head studs
Golden eagle cam gear
Ngk plug wires
Gates timing belt
Xtd stage 4 6 puck
Short throw shifte
8lb flywheel
Arp flywheel bolts
FIC 650cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Omnipower 4 bar map
Ebay vacuum manifold

Turbo kit

Go-Autoworks turbo kit
Cast manifold to keep ac and ps
2.5" open downpipe
Turbonetics t3 super 60
Tial Q 50mm bov
Tial 38mm mvs wastegate
Autoworks IC piping
Autoworks FMIC
Turbosmart MBC
Innovative Motorsports wideband
Speedhut boost gauge
Speedhut oil pressure gauge

I'm sure I left some things out but that's what I can think of off top of my head.
Car was tuned by Howard at RLZ engineering on neptune at 17lbs on 93 octane and made 293whp and 240ft lbs on a dynapack dyno. Greg at Go-autoworks was great to deal with and was there to answer any questions I had and always offered great advice. I high recommend his kit as well as RLZ engineering for work or tuning if anyone is within a few hours of charolette, NC area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
In for photos of the setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice looks exactly like my winter build im working on! Im rocking the same turbo as well! Thanks for sharing! What ptw clearance did you go with (vitaras)?
0.003. Still slight piston slap for first 30 seconds or so. I've heard other day .0025 is better but I haven't had any problems so far

In for photos of the setup.
I'll try to get some posted when I get home tomorrow

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
In for a ripper vid, that graph looks like a smile to me.

In that I mean every time you hit the throttle, and the tires start to dig in, as the pavement start to be pushed behind you, your face will uncontrollably extend its self in to a smile, and you will vanish.

Now show us...the car.

edit: Oil delivery, did you modify/change the pump or leave it stock? Bearings etc? Always curious when some one heads towards the 300 mark on these. Thanks.

·
Registered
DOOKIE
604 Posts

In that I mean every time you hit the throttle, and the tires start to dig in, as the pavement start to be pushed behind you, your face will uncontrollably extend its self in to a smile, and you will vanish.

Now show us...the car.
Amen!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Now show us...the car.

edit: Oil delivery, did you modify/change the pump or leave it stock? Bearings etc? Always curious when some one heads towards the 300 mark on these. Thanks.
It's fun to drive for sure! Its running a new, but stock oil pump and the machine shop used all new oem bearings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I have been meaning to get pics up and a short vid but I work night shift and it's usually dark when I wake up. I'm off tmrw so I will have a few pics posted tmrw for sure

·
Registered
477 Posts
That graph makes me want to get a re tune and turn my boost up lol Im sort of jealous of that power band cause we pretty much have the same setup

My 3231e @ 10psi drops off around 5500.. and it feels like my setup almost flat lines.

It pulls like a raped ape up to 5500 tho and hits 10psi around 3400 so its pretty damn fun for a daily driver.

Once winter is over i plan to get some new mounts and a re tune cause i need that power band lol

Edit: Now that i look at the graph again it does kinda drop off around 5500 too, I guess its just the turbo causing it to drop off? whats the A/R on the turbo? .48?

In for some ripper vids and pics!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the torque is what starts dropping off around 5500, it still picks up around 40hp from 5500-7000 and the turbo is .63 ar

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
I literally have the exact same setup except for a .57 trim turbonetics and crower 2 n/a cam. I'm hoping to get that powerband u have which is why my choice of cam is what it is. If my tuner is as good as yours it should be interesting to compare with yours so ill post results when I get them. I have a 18lb wastegate spring which will probably be closer to 17 so same boost level, similar setups, different cams. Ur dyno has me anxiously awaiting/hoping for similar results. Nice build

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I literally have the exact same setup except for a .57 trim turbonetics and crower 2 n/a cam. I'm hoping to get that powerband u have which is why my choice of cam is what it is. If my tuner is as good as yours it should be interesting to compare with yours so ill post results when I get them. I have a 18lb wastegate spring which will probably be closer to 17 so same boost level, similar setups, different cams. Ur dyno has me anxiously awaiting/hoping for similar results. Nice build
Thanks man. I'm hoping to have either a zex 59300 or bisi 2.4 cam in near future. Have you ran that 18lb spring before? Mine has a 8lb in it but 10.5 was as low as we could it. I guess the springs kinda vary

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.