Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a long time ago i was working on a chipping diy and never got around to finishing it. Well today i was re-inspired to finish it and reveal a few tricks i use that i think will net better results for many of you diy'ers out there.

At the current moment i am not fully prepared to finish the diy, posting the thread now is more of a way to make me do it later and to see if any there is any interest in it anyway

With a few simple tools and a couple of not so well known techniques i am able to produce ecu's that look like this

Not trying to step on neopinheads thread/toes but i thought it would be easier to make my own then add to his.

neo's thread
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/87320-diy-obd-i-ecu-chipping.html

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
me and him were talking about this on aim for like the last 30 minutes. Dude knows his shit lol

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Man. Those ends look dangerous...beasty HAHAHA. reminds of what CJ does to his board when he chips something.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Man. Those ends look dangerous...beasty HAHAHA. reminds of what CJ does to his board when he chips something.
lol, my solder points don't have shit on his. look at that perfection, any more perfect and jesus himself would place an order.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Heres a chipping job on a DSM that tw34k did
I got some good photographs with my macro

I wish I could solder like that, haha

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
that looks like something you'd see in electronics monthly or something hahaha. man he must solder religiously!

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gotta wait on Full_tilt to come over and do some recording and picture taking.

Ill try and post a lil on it later tonight, just a tad busy right now catching up for finals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The more DIY's on this the better. Never know what little trick I may be able to pick up before doing mine.

On that solder job above..WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a super clean solder job!

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I have alot of things goin today but tilt will be around so maybe at some point tonight we can get some shit together and get some pics and video for you all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts