Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a mat over the carpet and if I lift the mat it shows that there was water under the carpet...it is wet...This is only on the driver front side and I look under the carpet and there is no water...But the carpet is wet. The mat is not causing the problem it is dry I even keep the mat off for a couple days and the water that soaked on the carpet stays there..Is there a plug under the driver side of the car that needs to be replaced? Anyone have had this issue....your help would be appreciated..:wacko:

Heres a snapshot of what im talking about to help..

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Yes, I recall there are 3 service holes in the chassis. But unless you drive thru a flood there's no way the water can reach the chassis.

May be weird but if you can check the front windshield rubber.

Chances are that front window molding are worn and water puddles stuck within corroded the metal frame. consequentely water is leaking inside.
Happened to me with the rear glass. I used to have a lot of water in the spare tire area.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I recall there are 3 service holes in the chassis. But unless you drive thru a flood there's no way the water can reach the chassis.

Chances are that front window molding are worn and water puddles stuck within corroded the metal frame. consequentely water is leaking inside.
Happened to me with the rear glass. I used to have a lot of water in the spare tire area.
hmmm interesting...I did sort of go through a flood before lots of rain out but It is just in that spot...I dont think it leads to under pedals...just what you can see grommets under there?

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
check your coolant level! i had this issue turned out being the heater core was leaking and it leaked even under the tar stuff which started rusting out the floorboards.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check your coolant level! i had this issue turned out being the heater core was leaking and it leaked even under the tar stuff which started rusting out the floorboards.
ya I need to change it soon because I sometimes get a collant smell right when I turn on my heat...but I thought if it leaks it only leaks to passenger side not driver...I believe its water though..

·
Registered
11 Posts

Could be the windshield seal is gone bad.Spray the winshield with water near the driverside see if it leaks down inside.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could be the windshield seal is gone bad.Spray the winshield with water near the driverside see if it leaks down inside.
okay I will try that I will just run a hose and see if water goes all the way to the bottom..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about this...I have locked my keys in the car in the past lol and no spare dough!!! and the guy comes and used special tools to make a gap in the top right corner of the window where the rubber is...I can see into my car slightly due to the gap...could that be it...I never feel water come inside on me or anything?

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
its possible even though theres that moisture barrier to keep that from happening but now that i think about it water is supposed to run inside the door thats why theres those drain holes on bottom.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its possible even though theres that moisture barrier to keep that from happening but now that i think about it water is supposed to run inside the door thats why theres those drain holes on bottom.
hmmm im not sure ahh..now if water was supposed to drain under there and not have water stay on carpet then shouldnt the drain be clogged under my carpet or something?

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
hey theres something! check those holes on the bottom of your door see if theres anything clogging them like leaves and dirt. maybe your door is filling up to where it leaks in.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts