Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
So I been thinking of using a tablet as a gauge cluster. Seems that this would be easy if the car was obd1 as you can use a obd2 bluethooth adaptor and call it a day.

Any easy way to link this to anything obd1?
there was some guy who wrote software that could read CROME DL and I think neptune DL protocols, I lost the link though.

it does exist.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I doubt there will neptune protocols for a tablet as they have their RD1 already.

I wish they still had the 1st gen tunervisions.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
yeah, once I do my OBD2a - OBD1 conversion on the del sol I plan on finding a way to use my old nook color tab to use that software

·
Registered
-
31 Posts
Will you be able to make adjustments to the tune from the tablet? Or is it only for displaying data from the CN-2 port?
I'm working on the TunerView app for HRTuning at the moment. Its quite the same as my app, but with more support. Later we want to add tuning feature for Neptune RTP and more.

nothing for the S300? ;)
Coming soon ... and Hondata KPro, Ktuner, Nismotronic, AEM v1/v2...etc

Hell ya I have wondered about this for a while, can I read obd codes also?
In the TunerView app later.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
There is a way to tap the obd1 oem port to use as turbo is asking, no additional parts inside ecu.... Just need an old honda tech to give up the goods. My shop foreman has 2 such connectors, BUT they cost him 3k a pop. Connectors came with some other bs he didnt need, so he calls them his 3k buck connectors. :lol:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
There is a way to tap the obd1 oem port to use as turbo is asking, no additional parts inside ecu.... Just need an old honda tech to give up the goods. My shop foreman has 2 such connectors, BUT they cost him 3k a pop. Connectors came with some other bs he didnt need, so he calls them his 3k buck connectors. :lol:
This probably only works on obd1 cars, not obd2-obd1 converted cars right?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts