Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been a long time lurker even before i signed up and figured its time to share my progress. I love reading everyone's build threads.

What we've got here is the most reliable car i've ever owned and its time I do something with it. I've owned this car for 6 years now and have done nothing more then oil changes some brake pads and one battery other than that its taken me from a to b with out any issues. Besides lowering it on skunk 2 coil sleeves and adding fog lights at this point nothing more has been done.

i did purchase a optional center console new from honda. i definitely like this look over the factory console or lack there of.

wire tucked the headlight harnesses on both sides. Soldered and used heat shrink then loomed and secured. Really cleans the bay up.

Saved all the suspension off of an integra i scrapped awhile back. need to finish pressing the bearings and ball joints out of the front knuckles. Then ill toss them in the blast cabinet and powder coat them. Figure why not if i have the equipment.

All new bushings for the entire car!!

Picked up new front bearings and ball joints. Also some 280mm mini cooper rotors.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The Type R calipers next to the factory Integra RS calipers. Massive difference.

Added some side markers. Haven't wired them yet. ill get to that next weekend.

Picked up a set of Drag dr21. Still deciding on a tire. If anyone has an input on 205\50\15 they've thought were decent id like to hear about it.

A really good friend of mine gave me a set of these custom length vitara rods for free. They do measure out to be the correct length according to the measurements on p2p0 website. They don't have any markings but do have arp bolts in them. I did send them off to a friend of mine that works at a machine shop to look them off and check the big ends.

Ive got a couple 1.6 blocks laying around ill eventually toss these in and do a turbo build but for now i think i'm going to throw an a6 cam in the b7 and one of my z6 trans in and have some fun. I've already got the z6 intake manifold installed on the b7.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Well, welcome noob....the building should be interesting, what are your goal of hp after getting it turbo'd and tuned? is it gonna be just a d/d or track or maybe both?

My hatch's running on 16x7 with 195/50 in front and 205/45 in rear. I'm pretty sure 50 would look better than 45, I personality like 195/50 the better but idk about in 205's and I'd like to know how it would look as well.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After turbo and tune at most 300hp. I think thats plenty for daily/ weekend enjoyment along with the occasional track days. This car isnt strictly a daily driver, most days i drive a 2500hd. I have looked at both 205\50 . and 195\50. Im always open for suggestions and input on anything.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its been a long time since first starting this so called build thread but everything got put on hold after finding out i had crohns disease, going from 180 lbs down to 120lbs, and having intestinal surgery and having to remove 14 inches of small intestines.. dont put off going to the doctor!!!

Back to the coupe, started smoking quite a bit i think this b7 is done for.. picked up a d16a6 with 135k and picked up a felpro upper and lower gasket kit to freshen it up and picked up a case of oreilly brake cleaner for 24 bucks! gotta love working for a dealership and discounts.

im going to attempt to get going on this so called build thread now that im getting alot of my strength back.

pretty oily and greasy. gonna throw on a z6 intake manifold i have laying around.

gonna give these felpro gaskets a try.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
started stripping off the accessories and degreasing and scrubbing..
need to swap water pipe and thermostat housing and clean up and paint another
valve cover. also need to put on a obd1 alternator.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
A friend of mine has Crohn's. It seems as if you're a bit like him, in that you're not giving in to it. Kudos to you.

Oh, and irrespective of the back-story, it looks like a nice build. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks, At only 29 years old i cant let it get to me. i just deal with it day to day. Reading everything i can on this site and learn everything i can even though ive been messing with hondas for the last 10 years really helps me get through this new life altering experience. I may not contribute alot on here but i am on here everyday reading and following alot of your guys threads.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Good to see you are back at it. I like where you appear to be going with this.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
may have breezed over it, but where did you get that cup holder?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts