Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today and started buying up some basic tools for my journey. Just a half inch torque wrench, 201 piece mechanic set and the haynes bible. Time to studyyyyyyy

first project will be either replacing or rebuilding the transmission. Second pops and the clutch seems sticky and makes noise... not entirely sure why, been reading up but havent found my problem explained yet. Got some good insight from YouTube how tos though. Confident I can make my way through it.

End result will be a boosted d17 hopefully making 300whp. Wasn't planning on sleeving so if its a little less its ok : D ... errrm that being said is there anything I should be upgrading besides clutch and flywheel or maybe a more reliable trans that would be a direct bolt up to my d17a2? I read that there may or may not be beneficial reasons to using a d16y8... I think that's what it was...

Should prolly buy a camera too...

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you are boosting for 300hp on d17 you gonna need some rods the only ones made for d17 are crowers that go. For lik 750.... and I don't think a d16y8 fits in a 7th gen

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm planning for the engine rebuild over winter. Don't have the whole part list worked out yet

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup hoping to drop it between engine build and turbo. But do people do anything specific to build up the trany or anything... while I'm going to be in there?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lsd differential for sure ... but it all depends on what you want because you can change out gears and the findrive to what you prefer ....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup lsd differential... but it really all depends what you are gonna be using it for because you can change out gear and you final drive to go through the gears faster or longer gears

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm don't understand that stuff yet forgot about LSD. Mostly just a dd prolly see what it runs in the straight when I get the opportunity

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been trying to read up on lsds now for a bit I understand the role it plays loosely and it seems there's two options. Qualife, and anything else. Qualife says they built it to engage differently then "other modern lsds" and are 6-300 more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts