1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Was this before they started coming with composite video out? Asking for a friend, he wants to run video overlay to TV... we'll be testing his computer's dual-output capabilities with my old ATi Rage II (mach64 2MB) and another monitor this weekend.

If you want REAL ancient I'll have to dig out the ol' scrap box. I got Colorodo tape drives, 5 1/4" floppy drives, some ISA video card, a VESA video card somewhere (flippin HUGE), and like 9 AT keyboards given to me when PS/2 went mainstream :TD:

Wish I hadn't thrown away that old 7 MHz 80286 I got for free. Good computer to teach MSDOS with because it wouldn't (couldn't) flash through screens. Come to think of it, MSDOS 6 worked that thing pretty hard.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This ones VGA and some other plug, I'm not sure what it's for, but it's 26 pins. If you need something with S-Video I do have a GeForce FX5200 with that and DVI.

As far as thing's that old, the oldest thing I know I have left is an old ACER P75. I tossed or sold all the other stuff a few years back, but I had a lot of the same.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Nice selection of parts! Too bad I already have 2GB of PC3200.

I paid almost $300 for my Pentium III 800EB Coppermine back in the day, and there it sits for fifteen smackers...

Recommend listing socket type for the P3 and the slot type for the BFG.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those were pricy back in the day, I got it off a buddy in a trade. I think he shelled out like $500 for it, just to be cutting edge. I'll update the info in a few though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
The p3 is socket 370.
9600 pro is 4x/8x agp
The matrox is PCI
The S3 is AGP 2x/4x (or 1x/2x, but either should work)
Both FX cards are 2x/4x/8x (aka universal)

Best deals are the RAM and 9600 PRO. Not a bad card for $25, I'd snag it if I didn't already have one collecting dust. I'll talk to my boss about the RAM, we try to grab and SDRAM over 32mb when we can, never know when you'll need it. Do you know if the RAM is any good?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was last time I used it, just pulled it when I sold my old mobo.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Couple things sold, get stuff before it's all gone!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts