Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have Nuespeed Racing Springs on my 99 Civic. As most know, the spring, once the car is lifted on a jack, does not reach the top to bottom of the shock tower. i've noticed my ride quality wasn't that great and seemed very unforgivingly harsh(not blown shock bounce). So, I did something about it.

I first bought the Energy Suspension Spring Isolators. Once installed, I took the 2 original OEM isolators and did some modification. I cut about a 3 inch piece out of both of the stock isolators, making sure that the "teeth" found on them would line up etc.

The 3 inch portions were then placed on the front's bottom spring perch's underneath the spring. Then I took the remainder of the stock front isolators and molding them into the rear springs' bottom perch. Making sure as the car was jacked down that the positioning across the vehicle stayed the same.

END RESULT - Car raised up in rear by just about over 1/3 of an inch, and the front raised up a tiny bit(almost unnoticeable till you do the put fingers in wheel well test). Car rides much more comfortably, handles much better(no more rub @ all, unless 4 people are in the car), and really feels like it has more stiffness in how it steers. Although the last thing mentioned could simply be a mind trick, everyone i didn't tell about the fix to NOTICED the difference.

I've got KYB AGX shocks all around.

In the future, I plan on getting a tiny bit more height out of em yet.

Anyone do anything to this effect? And no, using those metal knuckle spacers doesn't count. seen plenty of people break their stuff with those.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like you were bottoming out the shock. You could get some extended top mounts and get the same result.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts