Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since i only have 70k miles on this new d16y7 motor.....i kind of want to let it run for its life....get the most i can out of it and not toy with it at all in terms of performance....i was thinking the other day is building up a whole new motor...with all sorts of goodies, new rods, pistons etc...sleeved the whole deal. As i go about doing this i would obviously be learning more and this would be a slow process as i build this up...

I was curious as to how to go about doing this....what is the ideal way of starting a whole new engine build....as far as parts...meaning what is necessary....and what are the parts that are generally upgraded....like rods, pistons, boreing and so on...

is this something a motivated individual could do?, and that is willing to learn and do properly...wether this be a B series or D series motor...im a business major student...not a auto tech student...but like i said, if im going to do something, im going to do it right...and i figured since alot of you seem to be very knowledgable i figured id ask you guys.

any opinions, advice? this is a serious route for me to go considering my hatch is my only car...and toying with it while i drive it as a daily could be risky....say something was to happen.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
you should stick with a D series motor MUCH MUCH cheaper...read the sticky about the costs of swappin a B series motor or stickin with the D.also you should go through the engine building section and read some of the posts. every person has there own favs about everything in the engine. what im doin is supertech valces and valve springs,eagle rods,CP pistons,edelbrock intake mani,ARP headstuds and some other stuff that i kno i missed.but ask around ppl are nice and will help you out alot. thats what i did

1 - 2 of 2 Posts