Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of AMS rods from their eBay store "Buy AMS". The rods were too wide to fit into the top of the cylinder when assembling my motor so I notified them. They said I would need to shave them down slightly for them to fit. Now had the description with the rods stated this I would have bought others and been done with it. After shaving quite a bit off of the rods 2 times they still don't fit. I notified them again that this didn't work and they told me that another customer had to shave them and they worked no problem. I'm at the point where if I take anymore off I would not feel comfortable running these with such little material left around the rod bolts. I would not recommend buying these rods regardless of price. You get what you pay for and that's what I did. I am buying eagles now.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
So they had ' another' customer that had to do this but didn't say as much in the auction? Wow, thats shady as hell. Hope you are asking for a refund. Fuck that.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
I'd return them and file a claim (if that's possible) for false advertisement. Maybe the "other client" had an overbored block that wasn't 75mm, hence why they didn't have to "shave" off as much. The fact of the matter is, a rod for a specific application, should fit with ZERO modifications. Period.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have emailed them and told them had they stated in their ads that they needed to be shaved to fit I would have just spent the extra to avoid it. I asked if I could get a refund but no reply yet.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And as expected they won't take them back because they have been shaved but will give a a better deal on a set of other rods.. Will never buy from these guys again. Moving along with my build

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
So wait, they told you another member had to shave them to make them work, you attempted to shave them, it didn't work, and now they're telling you that you can't return then BECAUSE you shaved them (per their instructions)?!?! Dude, report them to the BBB, file a claim w/ eBay and PayPal, and do everything you can. That's some serious BS! I'd be LIVID!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only thing I'm worried about and that the seller pointed out was when we talked early on about having to shave them I mentioned I probably couldn't return them once they were shaved..he never responded to that until I brought up sending them back today.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts