Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back and forth regarding what to do with my getting tired eibachs and gr2s, and ended up with a set of AMR coilovers.

They were paid for 2 weeks ago, and shipped 10 days ago arriving last Thursday. I installed them yesterday, and it was a bit too low.

looked good until I went for a drive...heard bad noises...

Both driver side tires made contact with the inner fender lip...
also camber was WAY negative.

Went back today and took a look and raised it up.

The test drive showed me that me seats and stock seat belts suck, the car corners so hard that I am having trouble staying in the seat!!

I went with 500 lb springs in front and 400 in the rear. I was afraid it would be really harsh, but the damping even at full soft works amazingly well and the ride is maybe slightly worse than it was originally. Almost no body roll left in the car, traction seems even better than before and I can go into corners so hard I scare myself.

I cannot say enough how much I like this setup. It is well worth the cost and the service was great as well.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you a PM.

Thanks, I really enjoy the car and at this point the weak point in handling is the seats and seatbelts not keeping me in as well!

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kidding, i am at a finger gap all around nd the ride is great, very controlled, i am throwing the car into curves at higher speeds and accelerating like never before. I guess you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I can't believe I have yet to post here...

AMR was a really good decision!

I'm @ 12k all around, but my car is also not much of a street car anymore either.

I've been impressed by the dampening as well! It can really really run smooth, that was not expected for how stiff the car really is...

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have decided it was well worth the price. too bad i spent my dyno money on them cause right now i cant manage 30 mpg lol best suspension i have been on, though i think i want to go and measure gap all around one more time as they have settled a little and dont think thye are even as before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts