Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
not much of a fan of alpine speaker's. love the head units but i'd go with some boston acustic's, jl audio, or infinity. and yes, you should amplify the speakers. the speaker's today are very power thirsty and to hear the best quality and volume that the speaker's can output, you need to amplify. bigger isnt always better, quality is what you should go for in audio. it makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yea, INFINITY KAPPA"S ARE FTMW. and on the amp just go with a power acoustik 4 channel they are cheap and push some good power, last too. I have had 2 2400 watt max Power 12's on an 1800 watt power amp all power acoustik and they hit hard pushin 135-140 db's. Have had them all hooked up for over a year no problems. Got the infinities for the doors with an alpine 4 channel, but Thats only cause the alpine was free.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ummmm... you need to give us a budget so we can recommend a suitable amp.

Why not do the Alpine comps (again, not sure on what price range you're looking at)?

Need some more info!

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
i personally enjoy the fosgate amps. i have a set on non component alpines in my audi front and rear and they sound nice but again they arent components.for the money i would by a set of the fosgate component speakers or the memphis ones and run either a memphis 4x100 or a fosgate 4x100 amp thats just me and i could spend your money all day. but tis the same with a stereo as it is with a motor need to know what your going for and how much you can spend.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you want to stay with Alpine, just grab the MRP-550 from the Crutch - it's on sale for a hair below $300.

Are you running a sub setup already?

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
95 coupe
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the mrp F550 amp is 90rms x 4 channels, the alpnie speakers tht i hav r 100rms, does the 10 rms difference matters?

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
i can almost guarantee you that you will never use 90W rms while you're in the car. 40W rms is loud as hell, roughly 105 to 108 dB right at 3/4 volume. trust me the 90W amp will be more than enough, puls you know that you wont blow the speakers from overdriving or clipping. tune with crossovers with a good sub and amp and the sound will be pure sex.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts