Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make wiring clips that you can wire all the wires that run to the amp to? I ask because I want my amp (and sub) to be quick and easy to disconnect for when I take the car to the track.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
i always just popped the fuse out and kept the tools right there to remove them. had it down where i could remove everything in under 5 minutes

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Terminal block.

Its a block that you screw down the wires to, like you do on the amp, but it's just a bridge. I dont remember if you can buy them or if you have to make one.

BTW, you do have an inline fuse on the power cable right? Pull that fuse, then just disconnect everything. without the fuse, the power wire isn't hot, no chance of shit going bad.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Yes I do have an inline fuse. I can def have it out in 5 min, it would just be more convenient and neat to have a clip. I meant a clip for everything but the power/ground since I can just do those alone.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put my amp inside my sub box. The box has a resessed, inverted 3prong 120volt electrical plug (RV or boat application) Then I just made a wiring harness to run to the box. 3 wires.. (+, - and remote) connected to a common female extention cord replacement end. Boom, one quick release plug that can handle tons of current! I also of course had to use a couple of RCA connectors on the box as well. Basically I can remove my sub box in about 5 seconds.

Hell, I even put a couple of handles on the box. Just simple gate handles from home depot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put my amp inside my sub box. The box has a resessed, inverted 3prong 120volt electrical plug (RV or boat application) Then I just made a wiring harness to run to the box. 3 wires.. (+, - and remote) connected to a common female extention cord replacement end. Boom, one quick release plug that can handle tons of current! I also of course had to use a couple of RCA connectors on the box as well. Basically I can remove my sub box in about 5 seconds.

Hell, I even put a couple of handles on the box. Just simple gate handles from home depot.
Dude, watch out for the heat on the amp, especially if u are using a sealed box and the vibration causing the internals of the amp to come loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts