Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some input on whats wrong with my amp. well on xmas my interior speakers amp was workin then i went around a corner and the amp popped off den on and kept doing it so i called ciruit city the next morning and they said to check the ground and the remote wire. i checked them and they are good. sometimes it cuts on and then stays on for a lil bit but when i shut my door it goes back to the poppin noise. please help...give me your input

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
did you check the voltage on your remote wire?..also how many watts is the amp and what size wire are you using for power/ground?

·
Registered
51 Posts
def. sounds like a loose wire. Check them all, battery back. Is your power cable secure near the firewall? Check it right around the metal in case it's rubbed through. p.s. what amp is it? for instance: Sony=help thread. lol

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
like he said check every single wire-remote, all grounds, power, speakers..it honestly sounds like you either have a bad ground or a pinched/loose remote wire..i would replace all the ground(both amps as well as the one on the battery) with 4 gauge wire..also on the amp ground use 3-4 screws to get it tight so that ther is no chance of it coming loose..on the remote wire(which was my probelem when i had this issue) i simply replaced it with a brand new one...it may take awhile, but atleast you may learmn alittle bit in the process of all this...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
first off, to save yourself a little trouble, take the amp to an audio store and ask them to test it for you, it's usually free of charge...if they say it is good swap out a good pair of rca's with a buddy of yours to start...then i'm re-do the power/ground..i even did my engine grounds in 4 gauge wire and it helped with my system quite a bit

Reactions: Rease3

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing I learned in my old astro van, cars love grounds!

I had 6 planet audio 12's in it with four planet audio amps. That thing was so trick! All i had to do to get off was sit in the ol' astro and crank it up!!! It was better than any man! LOL

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i agree about the grounds..like i said i did my motor grounds plus a few, the battery ground, and my amps in 4 gauge and it made a differentce i n the stereo

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well circuit city is kinda busy around this time of year so i kinda gotta wait till they not busy but i will defently upgrade the grounds to 4 gauge for all the grounds.. but ill get back to yall when i take it to circuit city which should b today hopefully

·
Banned
424 Posts
One thing I learned in my old astro van, cars love grounds!

I had 6 planet audio 12's in it with four planet audio amps. That thing was so trick! All i had to do to get off was sit in the ol' astro and crank it up!!! It was better than any man! LOL
:thehump:

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
I had my system originally installed by suckit city, I had a similar problem my amp would go in and out, they used a self tapping screw, a really small one at that to attach the ground from the amp to the chassis, over time the bass caused the screw to wiggle its way out of the chassis. I took it to them they told me it was fine. Problem persisted so i just went down got a huge hook eye connector shaved it out a little bit attached it to one of the rear seat bolt belts problem solved. I would not trust circuit city's techs to much honestly.

and chelsie should post a video of that somewhere, anyone agree?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts