Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while since i hooked up a amp and sub and i have a pioneer 760 watt amp and a 10" sub.. now i have the power wire, ground wire and remote wire hooked up. is there anything else i need to hook up on the amp besides teh sub? i kno im not giving much info but yea... lol i feel like a n00b now considering i used to hook up all my friends systems two years ago

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wher can i get rca wires long enough?

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
make sure you run your power wire and RCA cables on opposite sides of eachother as well
just curious but why do they need to be on opposite sides?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so my remote wire and rcas should be ran on opposite sides of the car?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Yeah, run the RCA's down one side and the power on the opposite side.
However, if your not building an audiophile quality system I doubt you would tell much of a difference. Just don't twist them or cross them if you can help it.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well ill prob run the rcas down the driver side since thats the side it goes in on the amp.. i just didnt take time to run it over the pedals and stuff..

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my battery is relocated in the back where the amp is.. the whole wire to the amp is prob only 1ft long..

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got it working now guys.. its been workin since the 1st post. i just forgot about the rca wire.. its been two years since i hooked up a system.. its all back to me now. lol i need to find a good 10" sub box for my kicker C10D 4ohm COMP VR

·
Registered
138 Posts
when wiring up a subwoofer amp it is not necessary to run the power wire and rca's separate. typically the noise that is generated only is heard on the higher end frequencies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my battery is relocated in the back where the amp is.. the whole wire to the amp is prob only 1ft long..
Just to be on the safe side, I would still add a fuse in line off the terminal. You can't go wrong with fuses...I have one in line off the battery and I have D-Blocks for each one of my amps and then the amps also have fuses. :D

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i do have a inline fuse and also two fuses on the amp

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill get pics when i make my box.. i just hooked up the amp so all i have to do is hook up the sub when i make a box for it

·
Registered
468 Posts
A sheet of MDF is like $20 at home depot/lowes. If you've got a circular saw it's the cheapest route to go... just build your own.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
... two fuses on the amp
those only protect the amps power supply.

and ive been installing car audio and security since 2001 and have only had 2 problems with running rcas on the power side of the install. both times the noise was because my customer used cheap ass rcas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts