Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my goal is 600whp. Here is my setup. Please tell me if I am missing something. I need to be ready for the dyno in May.

Electrical:

S300
NGK wires
oem dizzy
Omni 4 bar map sensor

Engine:

Y8 block with Darton MID sleeves
y8 oil pump
z6 everything else
ACL Race bearings .0017 clearance
Eagle rods
76mm Arias Pistons 10.5:1 turbo/nos
Felpro head gasketO

Head:

ARP headstuds
Bisi 3.6 cam
Bisi Ti valve springs
Bisi Ti retainers
Ferrea Competition Plus Valves (std)
New keepers and valve seals
CNC ported and flowbenched head

Intake:

3 inch intercooler piping
800hp intercooler
70mm Omni Throttle body
70mm skunk2 intake manifold (cut, ported, flowmatched)
OEM Intake gasket

Turbo & Exhaust:

AFI front mount exhaust manifold
PTE 6262 Journal bearing
45mm Turbosmart Wastegate
Turbonetics Godzilla blow off valve
Full 3 inch exhaust
Separate dump tube

Fuel:

e85
Walbro 255 in tank
Bosch 044 inline
HiProfile 900cc injectors
Full 8an supply
oem supply as return
FueLab FPR

Outside:

KYB gold coilovers
All new bushings and 95A urethane motor mounts
Competition V2 13x8 wheels (pre-ordered)
M/T 24.5x9x13 slicks

Gauges:

water temp
boost
wideband
oil pressure

Transmission: (One of the last things I need)
Y8
Mfactory lsd
4.9 FD
wc 1-4 gears
carbon syncros

OR

D2B

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think the injectors will get you close on race fuel, but doubtful to hit 600, and no way with e85. Not gonna make much over 450-500 on pump, nor would I even try as there is no reason.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Would definitely max out the injectors as said well before your goal, and inj are something you want a good bit of headroom on so they arent basically always open

Also bring a few sets of plugs to the dyno!! BRK7E's are only $22 for a box of 10

That turbo is obviously big enough to make your HP goal, but hell is it ever going to be a steep powerband deep in the rpms. Hope your willing to spin the engine!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had a very long conversation with Hi Profile, and he said at 75 base pressure, I will easily get to my goal with his injectors... Waiting for him to reply.
75 is alot of pressure, your gonna have idle issues at that pressure. I think 50-55 is a good pressure.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Bring several sets of plugs. You will want to gap them down, and doing it in between pulls is faster than pulling hot plugs and trying to gap them while frying your hands.

He shouldn't have idle issues with that base pressure, but I think that is getting a bit silly.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bring several sets of plugs. You will want to gap them down, and doing it in between pulls is faster than pulling hot plugs and trying to gap them while frying your hands.

He shouldn't have idle issues with that base pressure, but I think that is getting a bit silly.
Yeah, I planned on bringing plugs. So the oem spark system is okay? I know I'm going to have to gap to about .020 or so.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I have that injector ill try to get it up to 400+ e85. Maybe a 1600cc for your power goal

·
Registered
225 Posts
You dont have enough injector to get there.
x2.

Yeah, I planned on bringing plugs. So the oem spark system is okay? I know I'm going to have to gap to about .020 or so.
Back to back testing with stock ign vs msd showed that it'd start making power a few hundred rpm sooner but stock ign still can support that power. I'd recommend bringing a spare OEM ignitor and coil with you just in case.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HiProfile and I were talking months ago, before I bought my injectors. I told him my 600hp goal, about my fuel lines, and told him I am using e85. He recommended me his 900's, 044 bosch, and the FueLab FPR. He said I should have no problem getting to 600hp on e85 with around 75 or less fuel pressure. I'm sure he will reply on this thread......

·
Registered
496 Posts
Maybe with 75 psi you would get there, but E85 is a different animal on its own and needs alot of injector, maxing there duty cycle + almost doubling fuel pressure just seems silly when you have plenty of time to prepare and do it right the first time, especially with such a High HP goal for a sohc.

As said, greatly increased fuel pressure does cause some weird issues with idle alot of the time, you dont wanna do that to your tuner! Make it easy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
No way are you going to hit that power with e85. You are going to need anywhere from a 1600 to 2000 cc injector for that. You need 30% more fuel with e85.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I wish I wouldn't have deleted my pm's to HiProfile... If need be, I will just get FIC 2150's. I am not trying to cheap out on any part of this build, I was told these injectors would work by HiProfile, and he knew what I was doing with them. But anyways....

With the 10.5:1 pistons and the 3.6 cam, I am expecting to hit 600 around 30 psi.

Here is the thread I started about injectors, fuel, and my goal, which lead me to HiProfile.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-management/207442-bosch-1600-injectors.html

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I totally agree with the injector conversation; though all injectors are different by their own right, my 1000cc Precisions were at 88% duty cycle @ 55 base fuel pressure running E85 with a single Walbro HP255.

Also, depending on how long your exhaust setup will be, you might wanna look into doing a V-band flare into a 4" exhaust. Example :

1 - 20 of 180 Posts