Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my uncle and I have been fuckin with my motor now since November and its really pissing me off, the standard list for main bearings and rod bearings arent seeming to cover what we need as for clearances like Blue is the thickest and I need something thicker then that which i can't seem to find anything and i've been searching. If anyone has any information, on where to get any thicker bearings, can you post something up or point me in the right direction on where to get these. Motor has been down for 3 months now and i need to get my beast running...

Thanks

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
Maby your plastigaging it wrong. Or you were sent a wrong set of rods from eagle. Did you try mesuring the h-beams to the oem rods? ,micrometers are tight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the mains, if i get the oem blue rod bearings, that will put me within spec for them but the mains are the problem it seems. But I took the measurements my uncle got from his engineer at his job and took them into a machine shop around here and had them calculate everything and they told me the blues would make everything fine for my build. Now either my uncle did somethin wrong when he calculated shit (more then likely cause he doesnt mess with imports that much) or the guys at the machine shop are lying which I highly doubt as per they were workin on a y7 motor when I walked in the door, so I believe they would be a littl more experienced with these motors and what not. But I went to the Honda Dealership and ordered the oem bearings (Blue) surprisiginly they were cheaper then ordering them online =P. They will be here Monday or Tuesday no later, My motor will be put back together when I get em and I guess I'll get my dyno tune from there =). Cant Wait!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts