Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My orthodontist gave me plastic ones back when i had braces...

Seriously though, retainers for what?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I use to make them for JG in the 90's If you do I would make should that they come or you hard anodize them first. Not sure if even i would use them as a daily driver. They were very light though

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
I use to make them for JG in the 90's If you do I would make should that they come or you hard anodize them first. Not sure if even i would use them as a daily driver. They were very light though
so who makes the shitty ones now.....?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Dont know who makes bad ones. Although companies that copy other quality parts and mass produces them in third world countries with absolutely no quality control, I would stay away from. The price savings isnt worth it. You get what you pay for. Engle Cams has been in business since 1941. Thats who made mine for a few years.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i might reliabilty wise as in taking the revs all my builds have been titanium but was wondering about a fully built engine thats gonna get rebuilt any way so has anyone noticed a diff with them compared to titaanium or is it just a waste of time

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Even though I made alot of money selling the aluminium retainers, I would go with Ti ones. One less thing to worry about while going down the track. Especially if its a final round and you are out in front.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
The weight diff is less than ounces, more like grams. Never really dynoed them to see a difference. The Ti's might weigh a couple grams more. But if you buy a set of conical springs and Ti retainers there is a little more weight saving there. The retainers are very small,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts