Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EG4
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read, and I have read, and I have read tons of topics on how to clean aluminium parts (cylinder heads, blocks, etc.), but tbh didn't find anything, that a simple mortal person could purchase and use. Purple power - everyone says that it does wonders. Too bad - no PP in my country. What about soaking parts in diesel, lets say a really nasty looking cylinder head? Will it transform it from brown piece of shit into shiny aluminium artwork? Share your experience please!

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
well How I clean aluminium I doubt will work for you.

You may looking into an "Etching Mag wheel cleaner" thats is supposedly only to be used on NON clear coated alloy rims

It is an acid, so it can, with a bit of work and proper safety precautions work for you.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
Ultrasonic cleaning....

There is also the Drano method, sodium hydroxide, aka lye.....but it is caustic and you have to work fast.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
do you have

where youre at?

fill a bin large enough to fit the parts in it, and then pour as much of this as you can to cover everything. let sit for a week. inspect and repeat as needed

·
Registered
Honda Civic EG4
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well How I clean aluminium I doubt will work for you.

You may looking into an "Etching Mag wheel cleaner" thats is supposedly only to be used on NON clear coated alloy rims
Yes, I was thinking about such wheel cleaner. Might give it a try.

Ultrasonic cleaning....
I know that ultrasonic cleaning is an awesome method, but I doubt that I will find someone locally with bigger cleaning tank..

do you have

where youre at?

fill a bin large enough to fit the parts in it, and then pour as much of this as you can to cover everything. let sit for a week. inspect and repeat as needed
Unfortunately, but no.. I'll just try buying some usual engine cleaner in 5L tanks. Will see if these work at all..

P.S. How many post do I need to have, to quote with pictures ? :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts