Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Never tried it, but I will. Just ordered 1lb.
GOOD FIND
I hope this shit works because I'm going to make my intercooler with it.

I called to see how safe this stuff is. I wanted to know what’s in it but it's proprietary. They said it contains no lead mercury or cadmium and it comes with an MSDS (material safety data sheet)

When It gets here I'll post a followup.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
are propane torches hot enough to melt aluminum? Maybe it has magnesium powder in it :)

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
makku said:
are propane torches hot enough to melt aluminum? Maybe it has magnesium powder in it :)
Ya, that would make for some nice fireworks!!!!

I dont think so though.
It's some special alloy with a melting point of 750F.
Maybe I'll send a small piece out for elemental analysis :)

They say the joints can hold pressures of over 700psi. (not like I'll ever need that much but hey)

Funny thing is the "steelaloy" they have is good only to 450F, so it's no good for exhaust work. Oh well, ya cant have everything.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I actually purchased this stuff over two years ago. I had a B18c that I bought for 200.00 because the back of the block was cracked. I saw this stuff and purchased it figuring...whats the worst that can happen you know. So I bought this hatchback and repaired the back of the block with this stuff. The entire oil pressure sending unit was cracked off. I took about two hours and repaired it. No leaks, no problems, ended up selling the car for a great profit and it still runs to this day. I have always had this stuff since then. It flows very much like solder and the data speaks for itself. I think, given its simplicity, the tensile strength and other properties are pretty impressive. Its strong and threads pretty well also.

Also, thinking still about some uses I have used this for. I had an LS motor which came out of wrecked car. It was a low mile B18B, but the portion of the block that attaches the driver side motor mount got fairly damaged. I filled the entire area in with this stuff, then drilled and tapped new bolt holes. From there I remounted the engine mounts and even torqued them. Stuck the motor in an older Integra I had, sold the car to a friend for a profit. Once again, no problems...and thats an engine mount!

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Hmmmm
Alll this time Ive been welding doing stuff when I could have just puttied all of these things together...wow!!

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I just tried using it on 1/8th aluminum plate.
I'm having problems with adhesion. It dosent want to stick to the aluminum.
First I used the wire brush like they said and it diddent stick.
Then I hit it with the grinder to really clean it off and still no luck.

Hey vtecnitrocrx, how did you get it to stick?

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
LOL Mods, its like the people never came back with feedback or anything and instead of making a new one. Just revive this one.

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
hm.. Iv been reading some and in some sites they have had great success and in others not so good. Then in others they just say to not bother with it and buy a new piece lol

Guess ill just take it to a shop to weld my two pieces together.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.