Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear AOA

I have honda civic prosmetic 2002 , its alternator battery sign blinks in the instrument cluster when reving the engine where as at idle battery sign disappears and battery is also charging the alternator..... what would be the possible cause... As already I have changed engine wiring completely and 2 ECUs i have already been blown down due to which check engine light appears and then RPM and heat niddle both not working at check engine light.. ECU under this condition is also not communicating with scanner ,,,,, but check engine light problem is resolved but still battery sign while reving the engine appears in a blinking status i Mean sign does not stays continuously but blinks sharply while reving the engine and at idle it disappears...

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,473 Posts
Check your fuses, visual inspection is not good enough, pull and check with dvom for continuity, test line side of fuse socket for power, the dlc needs separate circut, aside from what the ecu provides, for communication, think its the DC power accessory fuse. Has the alternator been checked? They often will charge fine at low speeds, or cool engine temps but put out 17+ volts just above 1500 rpms or once a temp threshold has been reached, often times it can cause the weak 7th gen ecus to fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.