Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I changed my alterrnator and saturday my battery light came on well i changed it today drove my car for about 12 miles and on the way home booooom:wtf: the light is on when i get home i remove the negative batt terminal and the car wants to shut off before i left home i did this also and the car would remain on can anyone help me with this i really need my 88 sedan thanks for the help in advance thanks

I

·
0 Posts
humm, a month ago? maybe the alternator went dead and they remanufactured it wrong, or maybe a wire was nudged or eroded or something

J

·
0 Posts
na88lx4d said:
About a month ago I changed my alterrnator and saturday my battery light came on well i changed it today drove my car for about 12 miles and on the way home booooom:wtf: the light is on when i get home i remove the negative batt terminal and the car wants to shut off before i left home i did this also and the car would remain on can anyone help me with this i really need my 88 sedan thanks for the help in advance thanks
oaky hold on with the car running you remove (just for a couple of seconds ) the negative battery cable, and the car continues to run? or it shuts down? IF it remains on the the alt is okay if it shuts down then yes its the alt. Also if you car in doubt take it to the nearest advanced auto parts (the can test if the alt works with it in the car, by plugging up to the battey) i experienced simliar problems, it was the NEW battery it was a dud so check the battery again

-Juan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the response ill keep diagnosing the problem and ill keep you guys posted thanks -Nelson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts