Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my dohc non vtec d16zc is a 1.6L engine after I installed an alternator for a 1.5L engine . Would that mistake be the reason for my car to crank Nd no start???

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Why would it be a mistake? It is likely a perfect match, though possibly slightly smaller in amperage rating.

NO, it will not effect your no start condition.

crank no start is broad and hard to diagnose without supporting information.

Has anything been done recently for work? Are the spark plugs clean and gapped correctly? are all distributor connections firm and free of damage? Is there fuel in teh tank, and making its way to the injectors with enough pressure? Is the DOHC's camshaft sensor seperate and on the exhaust cam? If so, is it plugged in? or are you using a single-cam distributor and using a wiring conversion?

LOTS of things to check and verify. Start with good battery voltage (over 12.4 volts, hopefully 12.6v). Make sure fuel quality is good (as in not sitting for a long time)

·
Registered
THE CRX
984 Posts
Was almost sure he had a single cam the way he was talking.
Had single can ZC and yes, the dizzy was an issue for failed start ups. Could ruin your igniter.
After noting its a dohc however, no tune up can fix that issue unless you're single heading a dohc bottom.
Go ahead and try the SI dizzy if it is indeed a single cam.
Preferably an A6 or Z6.
Any non VTEC dohc dizzy is created to start its designated part.
Not a crossover piece.
The dohc zc is fickle. Usually needs a matched dizzy.
Grab a dizzy from a nonvtec D2. Should be a 1.6

·
Registered
THE CRX
984 Posts
Just found out my dohc non vtec d16zc is a 1.6L engine after I installed an alternator for a 1.5L engine . Would that mistake be the reason for my car to crank Nd no start???
Lol.
No. You'd kill it though. Wouldn't take long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.