Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a z6 and I have a new alternator belt bought for the z6. When I try to put it on, its too small. Its an 805mmX14mm. But when the alternator is pushed all the way up next to the block it doesn't fit on.

Now I know I could just get a longer belt and it will work, but I'm more concerned as to why its not fitting. What's not right about it? Because the belt I have should fit this motor. normally the alternator sits about halfway down the adjuster slide on the ones ive seen before. But never right ub against the block.

My only guess is that its not a z6 alternator. But I tried to put the part number in an it didn't come up with anything.

Anybody have any insight?

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
D-series are all pretty much the same right? I had an issue with my B7, the dunce I bought my car from had swapped the alternator and a/c belts, somehow, he fought though it and managed lol...when I did my service, I tried putting it back together the same way, wrestled with it for 10 minutes or so until I figured out what he'd done. Went back together pretty easy after that.

I guess my point is make sure you have the right belt...

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Could be a # of things really :

1) the alternator itself
2) the lower ALT bracket
3) the upper ALT bracket
4) belt

It assume you got the Z6 belt correct, so it's probably a combo of the other three.

How are things in Anderson?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
No they are not all the Same.

I know the Y7 is longer than the Z6.

Also, you need a different belt when using an ATI damper as well as other under drives

1 - 5 of 5 Posts