Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i replaced the alternator 3 times now... and is just not holding charge could it be a ground?!... is not the alternator but is not holding charge what could it be a fuse?... help please 96 civic d16y7

·
Registered
22 Posts
dead or weak cell in your battery. is the output of the alt. more than 13 volts? need more info on how long it takes between no starts.

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
3 alternators and your still having the same issue, have you had the battery tested yet? if you havent do that first, then check out your grounds and make sure your wiring is all tight.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took the battery to autozone and they say is a good battery the only ground i dont see is the one that is normally from the chassis to the head... but i dont think this car ever had it

·
Registered
civic coupe
108 Posts
what about the white wire that runs from the alternator to the fusebox and from the fusebox to the battery check that

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
are these altornators in-ternal or ex-ternal regulators? cant remember so if its not holding a charge yes check your conections all your grounds fuses etc. and maby your just getting luck of the draw at your parts store? also when the cars on you should see an out put of the altornator at a little above 14v if its not that then you need to charge your battery and get your alt tested.....thats all i got had this problem at my work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts