Honda D Series Forum banner

Alternative hose for oil drain line

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  crxdonwon 
#1 ·
I am currently using AN fittings with a steel braided hose.

With my new turbo and manifold my old steel braided hose and AN fittings wont work because the turbo sits close to the ground and there for the hose is to long.

What other type of hose and fittings would work?

I was thinking along the lines of barbed fittings going into the turbo and using a hi temp resistant rubber hose...

#6 ·
Products - Swagelok

They are expensive, but they can work with different matterials. Like stainless fittings to stainless tubing, brass fittings to copper tubing. I can get a number to a local vender and ask them questions for you.

#13 ·
i think i used fuel line, its all they had in stock at that time....idk i have never had a problem just walking into advance walking behind the counter and cuting whatever i need.....but then again i know everyone that works there :)

#14 ·
#15 ·
heater hose here also

but mine tends to get soft and lengthen a bit. even needed to shorten
it some to not have any uphill sections in it. does not make me feel
comfortable at all :|

#17 · (Edited)
#19 ·
I'm using Gates LOL PLUS high oil resistance push lok hose. Found it on ebay for pretty cheap and works well. Stiffer than heater hose and rated for high temps and oil. Plus I can LOL that I'm using LOL hose.

LOL PLUS - Air & Multi-Purpose | Gates Corporation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.