Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using AN fittings with a steel braided hose.

With my new turbo and manifold my old steel braided hose and AN fittings wont work because the turbo sits close to the ground and there for the hose is to long.

What other type of hose and fittings would work?

I was thinking along the lines of barbed fittings going into the turbo and using a hi temp resistant rubber hose...

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
i use heater hose and ive been using it for just about 5 years now.

never had one fail on me either.

if u can find a formed 90 degree hose that would work well!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the fittings that come with the go autoworks kit for my oil drain from turbo and to pan... would that still work with a hose? i guess i would need clamps?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i looked upt he hose and it says

WARNING: Do not use for fuel or oil transfer applications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I always have my hoses custom made at a hydraulic shop... Its cheap and they stock high temp, high pressure hoses and fittings. Never had a failure on feed line or drain line.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Products - Swagelok

They are expensive, but they can work with different matterials. Like stainless fittings to stainless tubing, brass fittings to copper tubing. I can get a number to a local vender and ask them questions for you.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
I always have my hoses custom made at a hydraulic shop... Its cheap and they stock high temp, high pressure hoses and fittings. Never had a failure on feed line or drain line.
thats another good option. hydraulic hose will work well!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would it be ok if the center housing (drain flange) is a bit tilted and not 100% pointing straight down?

·
Registered
646 Posts
i use heater hose and ive been using it for just about 5 years now.

never had one fail on me either.

if u can find a formed 90 degree hose that would work well!

Agree i use the same thing and its formed it cost like 10 bux. I change mine every 2 oil changes. When you go to Autzone, napa or w.e ask them if you can go threw the heater hoses with them, and you will find the best one. then write the part number down yo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
would it be ok if the center housing (drain flange) is a bit tilted and not 100% pointing straight down?
Yea , mine isn't perfectly straight up and down. As long as it can freely drain down it'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i think i used fuel line, its all they had in stock at that time....idk i have never had a problem just walking into advance walking behind the counter and cuting whatever i need.....but then again i know everyone that works there :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
heater hose here also

but mine tends to get soft and lengthen a bit. even needed to shorten
it some to not have any uphill sections in it. does not make me feel
comfortable at all :|

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I've had a cheap piece of clear re-enforced hose from Ace hardware on for 5+ years or so? I like it because I can see the oil hehe. Hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've had a cheap piece of clear re-enforced hose from Ace hardware on for 5+ years or so? I like it because I can see the oil hehe. Hasn't failed me yet.

Do they come prebent? lol intrested in this link to it or pics? thanks

yeah and the reason i change mine that often is because i found that the hose got soft after a while from the oil i dont want to dump 4.5 quarts on the ground lol.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm using Gates LOL PLUS high oil resistance push lok hose. Found it on ebay for pretty cheap and works well. Stiffer than heater hose and rated for high temps and oil. Plus I can LOL that I'm using LOL hose.

LOL PLUS - Air & Multi-Purpose | Gates Corporation

·
Registered
165 Posts
i have used fuel and heater hose and they both worked good the heater hose softened after like a year of running it never leaked tho

1 - 20 of 25 Posts