Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got the motor in to mock up some intercooler piping tomorrow after that I'll pull the motor back out and she'll make her way to the paint booth. cage is gonna be champ white car is gonna be blue (which blue, something close/similar to my bike)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in those pics, if you can tell, I am gonna have to do some fabbing to get the piping for the backdoor setup to work... my BOV will also go on that piping if I have room, if not then on the intercooler itself.

heres some more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!

d~nice, I was thinking the same thing, First thing I'm gonna do is cut down the 1.75" neck on the compressor housing, then weld a 1.75 < 3" conical. and see what angle I'll have to make the 3" pipe off the intercooler.

the cold side piping will all be 2.5" after all the calculations with this setup it looks like 2.5" will be the best.

this turbo will probably max out somewhere just shy of 500hp so although this chassis started out as a sfwd car with the power most guys are putting out with single cams now-a-days i dont think this car will be much of a competitor in that class, (but dont get me wrong when they (ifo) come to town i'll be out there to see how she stacks up.

(oh and I didnt realize this was in the tech forum, so if it needs to be moved mods feel free. ) SORRY

I will get some pics and some tech in here though it just might be better if I start a build thread for it.

THanks!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
looking good man...in for more...........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lol well when i first signed up on H-T i was a freshman in Highschool and EG Type R hatch was (and still now that I look at it ) i dont know how to say it... ( :greddy: ) but I had a 93 hatch with ITR dash, SRD's (no 5-lug) :cry: and B18C... so I was very original... lol but I got T-boned and the car was parted out, the Name now is almost synonymous with my current DD.

93 DX (Vtec-e swap) came out of the car the cage and turbo motor are in now. Going to hook up an old VAFC i have and take it to the dyno, see how many MPG's I can get out of it... I hwy to and from work every day about 15mi. right now I'm averaging 42-45 mpg. like to try and get it over 50, so EGRhatch still kinda works lol.

the turbo motor is built so I know the turbo or fuel system will max out, turbo (50 trim) should be somewhere just shy of 500hp so depending on how it gets there, (looking for some decent mid-range) might have to step it up, this car is going to be a weekend warrior. Drag strip and a little bit of street driving.

going to be a true D, ( no d2b swap ) unlike most of the guys out there now, at least for now, lol (i have a GSR trans sitting in the garage needing a home) but i have a gear x (3.083 i think) 1st gear so I'd really like to utilize it. about 3 vx/dx/cx trans for swapping gears and 2 Si's, been looking for an s40 so i can get some steel shift forks but haven't had any luck around here (Oklahoma).

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Super sic, I love those intakes, gunna make sick power. In for moar.

·
Registered
95 del sol turbo
305 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing take the si 1-4 gears then place the dx 5th and final gear. I was doing some calculations and it looks like the RPM's will be higher after shifting then the si final gear. The MPH werent that much of a diff till like 4th. Heres a great calc to play with.

Honda Transmission Calculator by ZealAutowerks

Ya the pipe should work out nice as long as your good with welding. 500hp huh thats bad ass man. Did you do anything to brace the block so it doesnt crack by the coolant drain. Hope to see some tens out of this bad boy at least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill get some more up here shortly...
d-nice ive played around with a few calculators... hoping to get my trap speed (top of 4th) around 145 or so...
I haven't heard anything about bracing the block, any links to see what you're talking about??

·
Registered
95 del sol turbo
305 Posts
These go into re-enforcing the block. At 500 or 600hp they start to crack in the location genrally.

Ill need to know your tire size. But I looked how I calculate mine with 195-45-15 with about 22.5 inch tires and a stock b0000 trans will get you around 120 reving to 7200, 133 8000. So if you change from a 4.25 final drive to a 4.058 gears will rev out like this at 8k. 1st 40.66, 2nd 69.54,3rd 105.71, 4th 145.36, 5th 176.18.

Check out post #31 where you can see the front coolant port reinfored
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/145989-speedfactory-2011-d2b-build-2.html

Most of this page and the next page get into it as well.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/140595-flyinryans-d16z6-drag-car-build-13.html#post2259633

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you sir for that info... I never even knew...
I'll be running 23" tires since that is what I have on my bogarts right now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts