Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I understand the principles behind ITB's, and I also have a decent basic understanding of the difficulties involved w/ tuning (I think...). My question is; how much HP can realistically be gained on a D series like a Z6 with ITB's, and good tuning. Obviously there are lots of factors that come into play, so i am not looking for the end all, be all figure - just something ball park from folks with experience. TIA.

·
Registered
936 Posts
there is no ball park. there are too many mods out there to even say anything hp wise of what an itb system can produce. all there is is that itb's are/were made for the hardcore race enthusiasts which is race or off road only. if you have a near stock head and exhaust system itb is not for you.

it's not the itb that will produce the power it's the whole system itself that makes power. i say this keeping in mind that the head and the way it's ported and modded will mostly benifit you more than anything else.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am by no means, intending to start an ITB project for my car, but I am intrigued by the topic. I am just trying to comprehend as many of the intricacies as I can without actually doing it.

I definately understand that the gains would be less substantial (to say the least) on a near stock engine. But, I chose near stock as an example b/c there are way too many variables when you start changing internals, etc to even ball park a figure. i do understand your point though.

Thanks again.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arachnid said:
it's not the itb that will produce the power it's the whole system itself that makes power. i say this keeping in mind that the head and the way it's ported and modded will mostly benifit you more than anything else.
Arachnid this is so right, everyone is asking how much power ITBs will make, when the truth is how much power they will let your engine achieve depending on; compression, port valve job, cam, even your exhaust manifold now can move so much more air, because you have just optimized the efficiency of the intake side on the engine.
Compression and spark and fuel make the power, high flow filters, camshafts, header, cylinder head ports and chambers, all just make the combustion equation more "perfect"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts