Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, some of you wil have seen my other showcase thread showing the build up of my all motor Y7, starting off with a pretty grim looking engine! The link to that is in my sig.

I had problems getting it to idle, which my tuner just couldnt seem to sort for some reason. I got it back on weds, with a base tune on it, just needing to sort the idle, well, i have! So fuck the tuner...

I havnt got a working IACV which i dont think helps, but ive adjusted the throttle rotor stop ever so slightly, and now it idles nice at the 1500rpm its set to at the moment. So anyway, on to the vid! Ill try and get a better one later, this was just off my phone.... The spec of the engine is in my other thread on the last page i believe, but will re post it later anyway. Enjoy all 10 secs of it!

Click here to watch All-motor-D16Y7-idle

·
Banned
752 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be annoyingly loud. Hopefully there aren't too many neighbors.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like it's going to be annoyingly loud. Hopefully there aren't too many neighbors.
lol, in all seriousness, i havent come across anything as loud before. im not driving it hard, because it isnt tuned properly, but just up to 4k it just has this booming drone to it. i dread to think what its like when its set up properly and actually making the high end power its supposed to.

I think its going to be a candidate for the baffle to go in the end of the tail pipe.... :noway:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats a high idle
Thats just what its set to on the map at the moment, as it wasnt playing ball to start with. I will try and get it down a bit when its tuned properly, but will probably still be up about 1200.

Im just pleased that it stays running!

Its not exactly designed for road use, with the size of the cam, so its a bit of a comprimise really. But im sure i can get round that by cruising at about 7k! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts