Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full skunk 2 camber kit all around and i guess my 95 del sol is to low because the front tires are still tillted and the skunk 2 control arms wont go out far enough so im goin to higher it till its ok.
does anyone know how to do a ture allignment i have the basics down but i dont know wich bolts to turn to correct certain things like what helps me correct toe, and what bolt corrects caster.
other than that i know how to do the rest

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
eh..almost all the time your toe will be messed up after adjusting camber. to adjust the toe you can move the tie rod ends to get it "somewhat" straight. as for the caster, that cant be adjusted. if its more to the back or front, somethin in the supsension is bent.

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
yeah, adjust toe last. adjusting camber and caster will change your toe. I don't know the skunk 2 camber kits, but that is usually where you adjust the camber and caster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the inof i did a rough allignment at my house and i took my sol to school today to see how i did i camepretty close my caster isnt to bad and my camber was a little off but my toe was amost on mark.
I fixed the toe first then i workon my camber and i noticed that my toe changeged a bit. so i had to do it again, if i knew that the camber change would affect toe i would have don camber first.
Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
159 Posts
What exactly are you using to measure toe, or are you just eyeballing? Straight steering wheel is not a good indication that your toe is on the mark, it only means your total toe is in spec. But in certain cases total toe can be in spec while individual toe is way the hell out. My advice, fight the inner cheap ass in you and take it to a shop and have a 4 wheel alignment done:TU:

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's really just a waste of time to try. I mean if you got extra time on your hands you can try to get the camber close, but they will do it for you whenever you go in for an alignment. I did alignments for over a year at goodyear and trust me its just best to get it done right. good luck!

Craig

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What exactly are you using to measure toe, or are you just eyeballing? Straight steering wheel is not a good indication that your toe is on the mark, it only means your total toe is in spec. But in certain cases total toe can be in spec while individual toe is way the hell out. My advice, fight the inner cheap ass in you and take it to a shop and have a 4 wheel alignment done:TU:
i was eyeballing toe and i kept driving it to see if it would pull to either side and when i didnt get any pull to either side i left it alone.

I did get a 4 wheel alignment done at my college. did it myself with help of instructor. I thought it was gona be harder but it was pretty easy. way faster and more accurate than the way i was doing it at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts