Honda D Series Forum banner

Alignment is WAY off, next step?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  95coupeD16y8 
#1 · (Edited)
So as we all know, I've been having alignment/suspension issues. Today I finally made it to a shop with a good reputation and here is what they gave me.

The previous shop I went to for an alignment said the rear passenger wheel was toed out around ~0.30 and to get the wheel to toe in, he could heat and bend the rear compensator arm. Which I had let him do, because I simply didn't know better. Shortly after I realized that the car pivots with that arm because of the 2 bushings.

As you all can guess, the car is VERY dangerous to drive especially going over wet patches in the road.

To fix this issue, would a stock replacement rear compensator arm bring it back within spec?

OR

Amazon.com: Blox Racing BXSS-10101-AEL Adjustable End Link Set for Acura Integra/Honda Civic/Del Sol: Automotive

Amazon.com: Blox Racing Performance Rear Adjustable Toe Kit 88-00 Honda Civic / 90-01 Acura Integra: Automotive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-RACING...s&fits=Make:Honda&hash=item3cde69cdbf&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racin...s&fits=Make:Honda&hash=item460fea4109&vxp=mtr

See less See more
#2 ·
That second link looks like a camber kit, go grab a stock piece in a junk yard, they'll probably charge you like $5 and it'll take about 5 min of your time.

That should give you a quickish, cheap answer.

#3 ·
True it is, didn't read enough and was excited for the cheap price. Would you be kind enough to give me your opinion on the eBay linked kits that I posted? Preferably your opinion on the REAL 35$ toe kit lol.

I have searched up, down, and around my area to find an EG and they just aren't here. Multiple EK's though. Are these arms interchangeable between EG/EK
I know EF compensator arms are smaller I believe..

#4 ·
Go on 1hondaparts.com and compare part numbers...that's always the easiest way to know. Go with OEM type stuff. As for your right rear camber being out. Stick a washer between the upper c arm and the body bolt ( to both of them..not just 1 washer on one bolt) that will fix that issue....and cheaply too. The compensator arms should be the same. You can also go to rockauto to compare aftermarket OEM type arms against one another. You'll be surprised what you find.

Cheers

Edit... 1 washer set left rear. 2 washer sets right rear....you may need a slightly longer bolt, but that's cheap too. Those adjustable arms are crap.

#5 ·
As much as I'd like to get a stock OEM replacement arm, I feel like it would put me back at square one. Which is why we had to heat and bend the OEM one in the first place. So I think if I replaced it with another oem, it would still be toed out. There must be a reason as to why this issue is present.

However, IF I ever do find an EG around here, I will go ahead and buy the arm just to see. If I can find a decent one, I'll replace the whole trailing arm.

EG part number 52341-SR3-000
EK part number 52341-S04-A00

:(

#7 · (Edited)
K-sport sells an adjustable arm that replaces the one you showed you might be able to get in spec with it vs the oem. Also makes adjusting toe much easier no more short crowbar :)

Usually if one side can only be adjusted to a certain point and no further I just adjust the other side to be even, .30 is a bit much though, .10 not so much. Also looking at the printout can someone please explain to me why the right rear wheel on every 92-98 civc i align is so far off on camber?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
You may actually be able to loosen the k-frame to try and adjust that front camber issue and even it out. I've never tried on a civic, but GM's and Ford's I have done many times. As for the rear PINHEAD, dunno. I usually add a washer or two to change that. My EL I added 2 washers per bolt after my coil overs were set to where I wanted and both cambers were -1.0 right were I wanted them. Could be people bouncing off curbs...who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.