Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i really need some kind of alarm on my car. well not really casue the town i live in isnt bad at all. never eeven heard of a stolen car but i just wanna feel more safe. problem is i am in a huge budget. and i font have power locks. here was my plan....

ebay door lock kit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Accord-Civic-CRX-Power-Door-Lock-Actuator-Pair_W0QQitemZ360043523530QQihZ023QQcategoryZ60203QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and basic ebay alarm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-HONDA-CIVIC-OPTION-GROUP-CAR-ALARM-ACCORD-PRELUDE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33721QQihZ021QQitemZ310044645970QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

whats your guys opinions on these? i a not after anything spectacular. just for me to be able to lock my doors when i walk away and hopefully a beep if someone tries messing with my shit. i will have many other anti theft devices including a special program burned on my 2 timer chip on a hidden switch that will make it so u can never start the car untill the switch is flipped. this will be going in my 93 civic hatch.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
I can advice you that a good alarm is like a good engine, turb, or suspension setup you pay for wat you get. So don't be cheap when it comes to it. I got a kit install from 1 of the local alarm/stereo shop and with in about a year now the horn is dead and there pager is dead. Spend you moeny wisly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got a black widow for 150 installed. Whatever you end up getting turn the sensativity to the highest level possible. Right now if the wind blows hard, it rains hard, someone kicks a tire, a harley or a loud car drives by, or even if it thunders loud my alarm goes off. Thats all fine by me, it can be annoying sometimes but it's worth it. My car got keyed and someone tried to break into it, I bought the alarm and ever since then I haven't had a problem.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
how bad is the crime rate in your local area? how bad is the theft rate?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how bad is the crime rate in your local area? how bad is the theft rate?
virtually nothing. thats why i am not to worried. i have owned the car for a year now and i havent been able to lock the passenger door since i got it lol. ya its been unlocked for a year. so i am not really worried. i more or less want it so if people are watching me they see the alarm get set and know its there. its just a deturant.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
what alarm has remote start? i really want that! lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
an alarm is only as good as the install.....ive seen cars with vipers and cliffords etc get stolen in front of peoples houses under there window with these known alarms....

if you want it just for noise and deturant hook it up how the directions say.....if want it to protect you from the serial rapist lemme know.....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tons of alarms come with it. the place i work we sell a system called prostart. its a 2 way alarm system with lcd monitering screen to tell u where your car was touched aswell as built in parking timer, turbo timer, door lock, trunk lock/release.... and a few other things. and obviously car start. its about 200 bucks. i just dont have that kinda cash.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
I have sctek, fetures comes with inside temperature, remote start, kill switch, a pretty kool feature similar to turbo timer but cooler you can kill the car when you want and a pager.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
only get something made by DEI or compustar

anything else and you will be disappointed

·
Registered
636 Posts
the clifford set ups are quite nice along with the compustar

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
I can't remember what brand mine is, but I have remote start, tilt sensor two shock sensors, two sirens one with a battery in it and it can do alot more to for about 150..

·
Registered
Daily driver
430 Posts
an alarm is only as good as the install.....ive seen cars with vipers and cliffords etc get stolen in front of peoples houses under there window with these known alarms....

if you want it just for noise and deturant hook it up how the directions say.....if want it to protect you from the serial rapist lemme know.....
True Dat! I've seen alarms installed without all the parts (ie shock sensors) Just make sure you test it before you leave the shop if you go that route.

only get something made by DEI or compustar

anything else and you will be disappointed
I agree. I've used nothing but DEI. Vipers are great. I've been using a Viper 500ESP in mine for 10 years still goes off when the wind blows. Combined with my 2 American Bulldogs and the fact that everyone and their momma knows that I have a pistol and know how and will use it keeps my ride safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts